• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG [MSI PRO MOD S3] - KRAIT VENOM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexciobanu

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys and welcome to my build log for a mod I will be calling KRAIT VENOM. This will be my entry in the MSI PRO MOD Season 3.

The theme will be based around the MSI Krait theme and will be all blacks and white.

I will be transforming the Thermaltake Versa H34 and show that you don't need a high end expensive case to have a good looking PC :D

Here are the main specs:

Case - Thermaltake Versa H34
Motherboard - MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
CPU - Intel i5 6600K
Memory - 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 2800Mhz DDR4 Memory
GPU - MSI GTX 960
SSD - Intel
M.2 - 256GB Samsung SM951 PCI-E M.2 SSD
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 550W

Cables - Icemodz Fully Custom Individually Sleeved Cables

LEDs - Icemodz RGB LED Strips

Thermaltake Custom Watercooling

Radiator - Pacific RL360 White Edition
Fans - 6 X Riing 12 LED White
CPU Block - Pacific W2 CPU Water Block
Pump - Pacific P1 Black D5 Pump w/ Silent Kit
Reservoir - Pacific R22
Fittings - Pacific G1/4 PETG Tube 5/8” (16mm) OD Adapter – Black
Tubing - V-Tubler PETG Tube

Coolant - Mayhems Aurora II Silver

Here is a pic with the starting hardware, I will most likely use the AIO for the first stage of the build before doing a full custom loop.

A0yTfWM.jpg

Thanks for checking it and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
Krait you said?Let's see,how that turns out to be,can't go wrong with black and white!

Mmmmhm! :popcorn:

Sub'd for more computer pr0n lol
Can't wait to see these builds when completed!

Another!!!

Yup haha :D

Krait you said?Let's see,how that turns out to be,can't go wrong with black and white!

Thanks mate! Hopefully it will turn out good :D

Mmmmhm! :popcorn:

Sub'd for more computer pr0n lol
Can't wait to see these builds when completed!

Haha thanks man! Yea I have some many too finish. Just need to get through PAX AU week next week and then I will be able to finish all of them :D

Oooo nice PSU....could use nice PSU.....instead of my *350w* 500w coolermaster lol.
subbed

Now, if only this migraine would die.....ive tossed 800mg of ibuprofen at it >.<

Cheers mate! Yea the PSU should be all good, it's nothing too special for this build however :). Hope you're doing better now :D

That and some excellent sponsors and the willingness to take said sponsored rigs to every computer/tech/gamers show in the country.

It's allot of hard work and not just the build aspect. So much more goes on behind the scene.

And now I'm curious, what IS it that keeps you able to mod?

Probably a decent paying job with expendible income.

/start sarcasm
noooo, reallly?
/end sarcasm

That and some excellent sponsors and the willingness to take said sponsored rigs to every computer/tech/gamers show in the country.

It's allot of hard work and not just the build aspect. So much more goes on behind the scene.

And a willingness to likely have to visit the ER from time to time....else learn to stich onesself up themselves lol.

Mostly it's my willingness and passion for doing this, that and also the immense support I have been receiving from a lot of great companies lately. But yea like Baylock said there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes and it really is a lot of work, other than my day job and working on these builds I haven't enjoyed a quiet afternoon sitting down and playing an actual game on these systems in more than 6 months.

I'm only 23 years old guys and only finished my university degree last year, my financial situation at the moment is far from ideal and just in my first job after uni, only casually emplyed as well. So without support from companies all this would not be happening. Hopefully one day soon I can take it further than just a hobby :)

Back