• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LN2 in NJ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks!!

Started calling around for ln2 quotes...man...some of these places are SUCH ripoffs!!! Working on 2 quotes:
- fill up my 35L
- deliver a 230/240L

The best I've been able to find so far, by option, is:
- $70 to fill the 35L (maybe getting it down to the $50-60 level once they know me)
- $245 for a 230L delivered to my driveway ($175 + $40/month rental fee + $30 delivery fee). Pretty sure Witchy pays $140 for the same thing as my $275 quote :(

Wondering if there's anyone else who knows other places in NJ that might be cheaper. Anyone know?

Have you tried praxair? They are quite reasonable here. I pay a lot less than that in CDN. Usually $40

They're calling me back with a quote for filling the 35. Unfortunately, they don't deliver the biggies to residences :(

Gotta say....getting pretty darn excited! Too bad my benching area is tiny and a mess or I'd think of having a party. That said...if there's enough interest, maybe a bunch of us could get together, rent a hotel room, get a biggie delivered and go at it one weekend.

That's always possible. I had a great time at Brian's

Airgas?

I have a 'locked in' price as I created my own account there instead of ad-hoc fills. They knew me as I was the only joker that would pull up with a 35L dewar and stick it, full, in a Honda Prelude...:rofl:

Anyway, I would suggest trying to get an account created. Let them know you were getting fills at $x.xx and see if they will match. I think was at $1 /L for the 35L.. I will have to check.

Oh man, If I show up with a car they wouldn't let me fill it. The dewar has to be outside the passenger compartment to follow the transportation laws. It was the first question they asked me.

I have two different Airgas locations that fill my 35L for $1/L. I've gotten it for as little as $.40/L at my local welding shop plus they are open on Saturday.

There are some places around here that want $3.50/L.:rofl:

Ha! I remember when I went in to my shop and they told me $4 /L.. I said, I just filled for $1 /L a month or so ago... "its summer now, and because of the container it takes longer to fill and there would be more losses".

Me... "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF(orget) you!... Manager please..."

CLiff's Notes - I pay $1 /L now for 35L fill ups.

Ya I was going through the same issues Funsoul. I couldn't find a place around here for less than $6.50/L. My local DICE retailer has been happy ever since. I still need to look again and check some local welding shops but since i don't own a dewar it's on hold for me.

Airgas started at $6/L to fill my 30L until I got an invoice of IMOG's that showed $0.50/L, then they filled it and I just bring back my own invoices to show to whatever person is at the counter. To say their prices are fluid is an understatement. If you aren't a hospital/industrial user, they'll just say whatever they feel like. You have to train them to give you the price you want. Might I recommend trying some invoices from this thread? They might give you some BS about being in a different region, so print one at least from me & IMOG so you'll have two separate regions.

Get an El Camino, use that. Car + pickup :p
hehe...remember those?? One of my uncle's had one, I thought it was just SOOO cool!

======
Airgas won't deliver and gave me a quote of $3.50/liter if I set up an account :(

EarthDog/Metal Racer....think there's any way to get me the $1 rate through your contacts?

I am actually under IMOG's account (though I have a unique number) and was close to his pricing (which was insane at $.25 /L for large fills of his dewar). I had to fight to get that pricing by showing old invoices of his getting fills at that price. I would see if anyone has any invoices left from airgas and show them.. 'hey look, YADA got this for $1 /L... what can you do for me?"

*DING DING DING!!!*

I think we have a winner folks!!!! Just got a verbal quote (ie- let's see when I actually go to place an order if the price is the same) but, WOW, what a difference!!!!
- fill my 35L: $68.75 *poop*
- deliver a 160L to my driveway: $138 ($68 for the gas + $25 delivery + $1.50/day rental)- $0.86/liter
- deliver a 240L to my driveway: $173 ($88 for the gas + $25 delivery + $2/day rental)- $0.72/liter

Now I just need to talk one of my brothers-in-law into letting me use his company name so I don't have to plunk down a $2,500 deposit. :/

LOL, see a lot of em down here. Ironically, I also have seen 6 different 2014 thru 2015 Lamborgini's as well. 5 diff colors.

But yeah....I was thinking that LN2 would be as expensive as N20 used for hybrid rocketry.
Some nice rides in San Antone...one of those lambos your's?

Any idea on what Dewar rentals should be priced at?

The range I found (so far) is $1.50/day (for a 160L), $2.00 - $2.55/day for a 240

hehe...remember those?? One of my uncle's had one, I thought it was just SOOO cool!

======
Airgas won't deliver and gave me a quote of $3.50/liter if I set up an account :(

EarthDog/Metal Racer....think there's any way to get me the $1 rate through your contacts?
I just have a cash account with Airgas and my local welding supply. The price match trick is what worked for me with Airgas, once I showed them a receipt they matched it.

I can send you an Airgas receipt showing $1/L if you want to try and get a price match.

Back