• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Generic PnP monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rrangel88

Registered
I have a question about my monitor the "Asus VG278HR" my other monitor is "Samsung SyncMaster Magic CX2233SB" but that one does not display "Generic PnP Monitor and displays the normal title of the monitor, I am not using a hdmi for this one but a DVI.
For the Asus VG278HR when I tried to plug in my hdmi cable it picked up saying "Generic PnP Monitor" I also tried a dvi to hdmi cable it came up with the same thing any idear as to why? It still showing Generic PnP with the DVI cable that I had to redo to get back to 120hz, it did not show that before when I had the DVI cable in before I tried to change it to hdmi. I forgot to mention I'm running a Gigabyte Gtx 980 g1 gaming graphics card. I have also tried Dvi-d dual and not getting 144hz and still displaying Generic PnP monitor. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

On a side note anyone know how to convert my / to normal in window's location file it displays a Japanese symbol capital Y with two horizontal line's through it. Any idear how to change it back???

Back