• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'DownUnder' Build Thread - Déjà vu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Disgustingly sick build Flat!

Thanks....:attn:

I can't wait to see what kind of cooling numbers you get on that thing, with that much rad, you should be able to have a steady OC in the heat of a Down Under summer without issue. Keep up the good work.

Main aim is to be able to run the fans at very low speeds under load ie. sub 800rpm to keep things quiet.

...and yes you are correct in that it can get quite hot in summer. While I only reside approx. 20 minutes from the southern coast here in Australia, 40C+ temps are quite common - although ducted air conditioning keeps my house relatively sane...:)

Last edited:
40C is about what we max-out where I live. but we've had 50+ days of that in a row, makes for a difficult thing to cool an older house with bad insulation.

Rig is lookin good though, hurry up and finish it! :clap:

hurry up and finish it! :clap:

Waiting on EK to manufacture some backplates....!

EK said they should be knocking some out around the 1st of April (Maybe April Fools joke on me..?), then they need to ship my order out. So probably see the gear turn up in the second week of April if I'm lucky.

The backplate is really the only thing now holding the build up....

Last edited:
Well my water block and back-plate for my 2nd GPU arrived from EK the other day so tonight I spent some time installing it onto the 2nd 980Ti 'Classy' GPU.

Now to close and finish the loop off completely....

980Ti with Block.JPG

Last edited:
That built is looking fantastic. I'm not usually somebody that's particularly fond os the design of cooling/innard of the system but that looks very cool. Nice materials and general asthetics :)

OK - I filled up my loop last week and have been running the PC performing some basic hardware test/checks - So far so good....!

Anyway here are some pics so far... I still need to sort out lighting so I will be posting some more pics when that stage is complete as well.

I note that the UV reactive coolant was really hard to photograph and it seems a tad washed out in my shots - It is a lot more vivid in person.

Also note that I am not using PC coolant but an Automotive Glycol based coolant which I have used in the past with excellent results.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments guys...!

One of my Aquacomputer D5 USB pumps is playing up. It's still running, but not at 100% as the USB/Aquabus controller board inside the pump seems to have failed so its just running at some fixed speed.

Aquacomputer are sending me another board so will need to drain/refill to fix the pump... Guess those drain valves will come in handy... :)

Last edited:
Drained my loop yesterday an pulled out the pumps.

Replaced the Aquacomputer control PCB inside the faulty D5 and it is now back to normal.

Now back up to its default 1.4 GPM flow rate...:)

With the amount of fittings this build has, I'm surprised I get this much flow rate anyway.

Next step is to install some UV lighting to give the tubing runs some subtle highlights.

Here is a quick (read crappy phone) pic while I'm bleeding the system:

Flow_2.JPG

Last edited:
mate what a case and build, im guessing ozz by the down under thing,

good stuff...top city, easiest to get around, well it was lol, havent been there now for yrs, central coast nsw here, this has cost you a mottza, lot of time and effort and money into this 1 :thup:

good stuff...top city, easiest to get around, well it was lol, havent been there now for yrs, central coast nsw here, this has cost you a mottza, lot of time and effort and money into this 1 :thup:

Traffic is a lot better than Sydney's....:D Yet locals still complain.

Its taken about 6 months to build - A lot of that time has simply been just waiting on parts and I injured my knee earlier this year which slowed me down a bit (still limping on it...!).

Yes it has cost $$$ but the major water cooling items will be with me for a number of years - It is easy enough for me to upgrade the actual PC bits without having to re-arrange the loop much which was what I was aiming for.

Last edited:
This truly is one of my favorite builds this year flat.

Thankyou - Glad you enjoyed the build.....:thup:

Still fussing with the lighting, so when I'm happy with it I'll try and get a few more half decent pics done.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you haven't gone the Farbwerk route unless you're looking for particular UV LEDs. Only problem I should note is the darn AC IP65 LEDs (5050) from sticking to the case. I ordered some strong double sided 3M tape, that should fix that issue when I flush her out in the coming months.

Back