• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteElephant Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:rofl:
Mr. Hack..........................you're a scream man. :D

NOATMCARD............ :rofl:
I laugh every time i see the real name now. It will stick forever.

I haven't even looked at the build or mods.

Last edited:
……We join the OCF Member’s Lounge Day Care

as it re-opens for the first day after the Faraday’s.

The scene is quite hectic as it’s also the start of a new semester and registration is in full swing.
Many new and strange faces float in the crowd.
Parents struggle and jostle with each other trying to obtain the desired classes and materials for new enrollees.
Kids recycle through the semi-chaos unattended and unnoticed until a parent screams their names.

Excited to be back and see old classmates, last semester’s students gather in loose groups rough housing with boisterous conversations.

Screams!
More Screaming!!!
Followed by screeching and uproarious laughter.

Seems someone got a Taser for Benchmas.
Some new faces eagerly try to join the frivolity by volunteering to be tased.
A few attempt to commandeer the Taser and try to turn it on the as yet unidentified owner.
While others loiter nervously on the fringes, not sure what to think…

SwartHack is off to the side leaning casually on the registration counter, chatting with Blaylock.
SwartHack is not an accredited instructor or really accredited anything officially with the OCF and/or its Member’s Lounge Day Care.
Nor should he be!!!!
He just happens to babysits the kids for story and nap times. He originally snuck in during nap time to find a place to sleep off a diet-dew and og kush binge.

Blaylock has stopped by to pick up his son’s cage as he no longer needs it. Now a chain is all that’s required to contain the mischievous little guy.
A few more forum guests have recently mysteriously gone missing again.

RoaaaRarrrgghh, cllickety clik clik scratchity clik”, Blaylock spits at SwartHack’s face.

Unfazed he wipes his face off, replying, “Yeah, it is a big turnout of new kids.”

GraargGhnaffer, clik clik clickity scratch?”, hacks Blaylock

“Dunno why so many”, SwartHack shrugs, “Maybe it’s my awesome story times…”

Gwar gwhar whar har gwar, clik scratchity clic”, Blaylock cackles, launching globules of mucus everywhere.

“Yeah, Thanks man, I doubt it too.”, guffaws SwartHack in conciliatory agreement.

“So who are all these kids and who are their parents?”

Blaylock commences to fill SwartHack in on the new kids to day care. He identifies the parents of the ones he knows and a few others.
SwartHack also learns that most these new kids have been off to some academy of whatever sorts located in the Swiss CyberAlps or wherever.
Of all the new faces he tries to commit what he can to memory, of those most impressionable from Blaylock’s description were:
I.M.O.G. Jr. mdcomp The III, bang, SaneShowDogg, xbasicbgx, guide, ZippySwift, PlasticAmbler, Soloman and Obnubliated.

‘Great’, Swarthack thinks to himself, ‘I gotta get the hell out of here…’
As he thanks Blaylock and turns to sneek out the side-port, he almost runs over Woomack and Dubbya Jr..

“OH, hey Woomack, hey Dubbya! Excuse me!!!
“So what do you think of all this ruckus?”

“Man with all his noble qualities…” Woomack begins, pausing to survey he room,”..still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin.”

“Err, OK man …. whatever you say dude..”, Swart replies and exchanges confused looks with Blaylock.
Refocusing on the exit port He makes a hasty rpc out.

In the final seconds before leaving, all SwartHack could hear was the din of the children.
Only certain parts discernible, lofting above the white noise….

“Piggy, Piggy Piggy!!!”, uproarious laughter and indistinct screams…...
“Sucks for your ***-MAR”….”***-MAR”.
Thinking he recognized Johan 22 ½’s voice shouting..,” Sucks to be your Auntie”……

SwartHack had the distinct and dark feeling that things had shifted in an uncertain direction here at the OCF Member’s Lounge Daycare.
Shuddering with the realization he would be back later this week for story time, he quickly ports back to rl. There SwartHack gets to work his latest proj update…

I giggle every time i read these and my wife stares from across the room like I am insane.

"Mr. Hack! Mr. Hack!" Snarls Blaylock Jr. as he attempts the Human English language. His pre-pubesent voice is somewhat of a cross between a road grader and squealing brake pads.

"Ish brachte, no, I brought mine own story time!" He growls and proceeds to tug on My Hack's shirt completely unaware of the damage his needle like nails are doing.

Mr. Hack accepts the small children's book. With a look of confusion he skews his head up pondering whether this story will be appropriate for the other children.

Ed. Note

It would be remiss of the editors not to acknowledge the GWAR reference.

Please bow your head in silence while watching.

And as Odererus Urungus said in his final interview, he planned to:
"Go Hard Till Death"

.viz, .sic, .et .al

Ed. Note

The Editors of this thread must implore that no copyright infringement is made on the "a Little Predator Book" series nor its illustrators, authors, affiliates or publishers.
Lest invoke their vengeance. The Editors are not responsible for any physical infringement made by said parties on OCF members or guests.
Any use, reproduction or distribution is not authorized without prior Predator release.
Due to the nature of the circumstances, we have received full authorization, and will consider story time content options.

The following are also
recommended:

facehugs.jpg

Archie-vs-Predator-Comic-Book.jpg

.huz .ahh .et .al

CES Wet Dreams

'.....mmmmmm, yeesss, ooohhhh yeeeaahhh please.....I like that, ahhhhhh...
'uh, err where did you come from honey?? You are one put together package...
', ohh .. and you brought your friend too ?!? ... you girls are greeters from the conference, yeah I can remember...
' and you brought hardware too ... that is so cool...
'mmmmm, yes I can overclock both of you, don't worry your pretty little mosfets ... I have plenty of voltage....'

"Mr. Hack?"

'ohh yes darlings, you can call me whatever you want to....
'errrmmm, so get your hard drives over here and show me your mobos...'

"Mr. Hack!"

"YES, say my name!!! Say it!!
'...come plug into my psu and let me fire you up, mmmm.. ohhhh yeah, I am turning up the juice baby...'

"Mr. Hack!!! Wake Up!!!"

The soft warm glow of the Vegas hotel room slowly fades and then begins to brighten into a blinding bright light.
Squinting through crusted eyes, SwartHack tries to sit up, but can't. He feels a hard floor beneath him and attempts to move again, but each muscle and joint is stiff and sore.
He manages to raise his hands to his eyes and rub them, trying to squint and focus. He can barely make out a circle of blurry faces staring down at him.

"Mr Hack, get up, its story time..."

"...huuhh zaah, whaa, huh, where 'weeze, sneeze, hack flem', where am I?" he asks no one in particular as he struggles to stand.

"Your at the OCF Daycare. We found you in the supply closet.", he recognizes Janus32½'s voice.

" uhh, err, where?" his eyes beginning to focus, he starts to look around and its true, he's in the supply closet at the daycare.

'Gosh dangit, not again', SwartHack exclaims to himself as he stumbles and trips over empty diet-dew liter bottles trying to exit the supply closet.
'For the last time, its the last time I mix purple nurple and diet-dew!' he chastises and proclaims to himself!
'Never again!!!'

"Uh, story time??.. Yeah sure story time, OK...
"Everyone find a spot. I think I can come up with something...
"Lights please..."
...............................................................................................................................................................

So I got a little distracted by a last minute effort in the last NoviceNimble.
Was actually able to fire up and post a few modest scores to contribute to the effort.
I usually don't like to bench unfinished projects, but the circumstances necessitated it.
I finally got back around to some traction on this proj.
Here goes...

So here is the front panel stuff:

IMG_101 (1).JPG
IMG_101 (2).JPG
IMG_101 (5).JPG
IMG_101 (4).JPG

So I started working on the front panel.
The acrylic front panel will basically replace the black bezel.
I figured I'd start with the hardest part and not wait till the end to screw it up.
I needed to route out a recess for the front panel control and usb ports.
I actually did ok considering, but the dang hole was misaligned.

IMG_101 (6.1).JPG
IMG_101 (5.1).JPG
IMG_101 (6).JPG

Couple things occurred to me...
I need a better rail/guide setup to do anything half sh!tty with a dremel and router attachment.
WTF was I doing!? That whole panel control assembly can be taken apart.

For the love of hippies....

And that USB component blows, hucking that.

All I need are the leds and power switch. Check out the fpanel mobo connector, not your standard. One led is multi-color.
But I can put these right in an acrylic front panel anywhere I want...
And it doesn't need to be so thick.
BTW-went with thicker matter on the front panel to give a kinda distorted view.
I also decided the clear would look stupid with the smoke side panel

So I ordered this, and switched gears to finish the side panel.
IMG_101 (6.2).JPG

Here is a pictoral of the side-panel evolution

IMG_101 (8).JPG
IMG_101 (9).JPG

Decided to redo the finish job on this. Sanded, Beat the hell out of, then applied a few more coats

Before
IMG_101 (10).JPG

After

IMG_101 (11).JPG

So done, right??
IMG_101 (19).JPG
IMG_101 (15).JPG

NOT!
Rookie mistake, ended up cracking my window at the last minute installing it!!!!
Holes were just barley big enough in the plexi...

IMG_101 (14).JPG
IMG_101 (18).JPG
IMG_101 (16).JPG

tried to pop this corner down the last few mm's and the farcker cracked.
I shiat actual bricks! Was pretty bent and threw a true workshop wobbler..

Flash forward... in the end I like the replacement better.
Looks a lot cleaner without the radius cuts.

IMG_101 (19.1).JPG IMG_101 (20).JPG

Wouldn't be a SwartHack rig with the requisite hackcessories:
including self destruct switch and necessary C4 packs.

IMG_102 (3).JPG

And all wired up and installed.

IMG_102 (4).JPG

I 86'd the CD. The plexi will go all the way up.
I want to find some cool USB/etc. components I can flush mount.

IMG_102 (5).JPG

Getting close here. Just need to re-install AIO.

IMG_102 (8).JPG

And finally for now, my favorite picture, a bit fuzzy though.

IMG_102 (9).JPG
..........................................................................................................................................

If SwartHack can pull it together, join us next time for:

"Hacking More Plexi"

or

"That's What She Didn't Say"

Salud

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....SwartHack slips silently into the OCF Member’s Lounge Day Care unnoticed and loiters in the corner collecting his thoughts.
He surveys the room and is acutely aware of a difference. Something not quite tangible, a feeling in the air, a low uneasiness combined with satisfaction.
He shudders involuntarily as he absorbs this atmosphere.
Tension becomes tangible but vague, as SwartHack momentarily zones out into a Zen like state, letting this energy overwhelm his celestial being.
He sees the waves and orbs of energy pulsating, spasmatic, disjointed….
He suddenly becomes unconsciously semi-aware of the energy’s unscrupulous nature, but not the actual cause.
It flows through him and visualizes a message of conflict between group and individual. <br>
A conflict that escalates into irrational and emotional reactions, resulting ultimately in the subconscious choice between morality and immorality. The aftermath resulting in ……..

He suddenly breaks out of the trance, with a sick taste in his mouth and feeling quite ill.
He looks down and see and feels the reason for his sudden awakening.
Blaylock Jr. is pulling on his arm and spitting all over his dockers, trying to say something.

“grArg Mr. Harkarg, Mr. Hackurg, you here for story time, gurgle click-clickity?”

“err, hey, huh?.. oh yeah, Hi Blaylock Jr.”, barley noticing that he had spoken some English.

Blaylock Jr. is obviously shaken a bit as he nervously stares around the Day Care.
Noticing this SwarkHack kneels down and finally realizing his attempts at English, congratulates him on his progress and encourages him to continue, asking him what is the matter.

Blaylock Jr. proceeds to tell SwartHack, in broken English with lots of spitting, what had been going on since the “special” kids came back…
That the one kid xbasicbgx with all the new kids is trying to say he is in charge, and that he has been fighting with EarthPuppy .
And that someone started calling Scottie “Piggy” and now everyone does, even though he ask them not to,
and that the new kids call us all “littluns” and we have to do as they say cause they are “biguns”…
and that SaneShowDogg stole NOATMCARD’s taser and tied it to the end of a broom stick…
and that they were calling him The Beastie and he had to hide in the supply closet until they wanted to hunt him…
and that…!!!!!

“Whoa-whoa-oo there little fella! Slow down. Huzah, whaz huh?! Really, all that?” SwartHack asks.

Blaylock Jr looks up nodding his head earnestly.

“Well you don’t worry about that, and if anybody messes with you just rip out their inards.
"I will take care of this. Just get in your place for story time"

“OK Everyone! Get in your places for story time.” SwartHack authoritatively announces.

A few kids start rustling about, others half standing up, looking around at what others were doing.

“We don’t have to do shiat!” pronounces somebody in a high screechy almost pubescent voice.

SwartHack recognizes xbasicbgx as the source of the voice.
A bunch of the new kids are grouped around him snickering and chortling.

“Yeah man, sh1t!” echoes PlasticAmbler.

SwartHack starts to overclock a bit, but keeps his temps down.
“Oh really?” he asks no one in particular.

“Yeah really loser!” xbasicbgx continues..
“You are just a cyber-hobo, a cpu-bum, farcking derilct hardware man! My Dad says that…”

“Shut the hell up jerk-off”, exclaims EarthPup, jumping up towards xbasicbgx.
“My Dad would short-out your Dad in millies, and you’re not in charge here!”
He continues trying to maintain a semblance of self-control.
While Janus33½ , Johan22 1/2, NOATMCARD, Dubbya Jr., Scottie, hokieprep and others group loosely behind him, nodding in accord.

“Easy EarthPup, easy…”, I got this SwartHack exclaims in a dark tone.
He wondered where mdcomp The Third and i.m.o.g were?! Blaylock Jr. was nowhere to be seen.

Woomack Jr suddenly interjects....
“Allegorically, our situation does represent conflicting human impulses toward civilization and social organization
—living by rules, peacefully and in harmony—and toward the will to power.”

Before anyone could stop him, little Dubbya continues….

“You don't show your own wisdom by shutting someone else in a madhouse!...
“The wisest of all, in my opinion, is he who can, if only once a month, call himself a fool”

The entire group is silent for a moment, staring blankly at each other waiting for someone to explain what the he11 he just said.
While AuFalcon is nodding in understanding and agreeement with him.<br>

“Err, uh yeah Dubbya, that’s great, I think….” SwartHack stammers, while the others laugh nervously. “AuFalcon, you can explain that to us latter…”

“OK FIRST, ! I see you with that taser SaneShowDogg, now you bring that right over here, this INSTANT...
before I take it from you and stick it up your portt-hole and short YOU out!!!
“And for the rest of you that entertain desires for an unrestricted fantasy life in Day Care, need to lower your voltage and take a big does of..
"Shut-The-He!!-Up-Before-I-Short-Out-And-Take-You-All-With-Me!
“Now get in your places for story time, and like it! NOW!”

Shocked! All the kids shuffle to their places. SaneShowDogg hands the taser broom over.
SwartHack has persevered in obtaining some semblance of control, for now..
But he feels the sneers and cold eyes of resent.
He is not sure what exactly is going on, but he knows it most likely is not over.
Swallowing that persisting sick feeling away, he composes himself and starts story time.”

“Lights Please!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The WhiteElephant is close to recognizing, abstractly, the symbolism of his identity and potential.
This recognition will come with the final step of finishing/installing the front panel.
But we are not here to talk about that, not yet

Right now we are trying to button things up.
Finally got around to some runs with the side panel on, and found that the fit was not so good.. like not at all!
I had beat the crap out of the panel before the final finishing coat.
I had hoped the window bolting out would kind straighten things, hardy farcking har, right.
Also bent up the front edge when using my "tools" removing the excess case pieces.
This panel has a bunch of latchy things I had to work on and then basically true the panel.
It was kinda a process..

IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1581.JPG

Ended up getting it to fit pretty decent and smooth.

IMG_1591.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG

This is a fun one. Special part here that acts as a lock for all exp-slots, fasten with one bolt.
Pretty neat actually. Well somewhere along the line I lost it
Was able to order it as part of the SAS bracket I junked long ago.
So I got a new SAS bracket, and junked it, But have the part and painted it.

IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG

While I was at it, prepped the front panel frame with my special tool

IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG
Also got a USB 3.0 controller card
with external ports and internal expansion

IMG_1596.JPG
IMG_1615.JPG

With most things in place, getting close to wire tie-down.
Note USB 3.0 ports, LEDs and momentary flip toggle power switch for inclusion in front panel, among other things...

IMG_1623.JPG

So this mobo has this handy temp sensor that used to be mounted to the front of the case. Its listed in sensors as "Ambient Temp
So I figure to use it in a more useful location, right over those fins that get hot as farck. Making sure it did not touch them.

IMG_1593.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG

WOWZA! Did this after just booting into windows.
So moved the sensor to behind the fan, out of the wind.

IMG_1610.JPG

I shot this with a thermal laser without the panel after a few moderate fsb clocking sessions, 60 C!!?? I can't shot it through the panel.
I think to get the most from this rig I am gonna have to figure out some way to cool the fsb more effectively.

Oh, and planning on throwing in my XFX R7 360 in there.
IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG
IMG_1627.JPG
......................................................................................

SwartHack manages to slip out unscathed during a commotion where bang, guide, Solomon and Obnubliated argue about what blows chunks more, this project log or actually blowing chunks.
'Dang', he thinks to himself, 'I forgot the taser'......

Join us next time for:

"Cry Of The Hunters!",

"I Dostoevsky Know What You Mean?"

or

"Whatsa White Elephant?"

Same Forum, Same Thread

So this is just a thought Swart, if that sensor is for registering "Ambient Temp" and the motherboard senses ambient up to 60c this could cause the shut down. I literally know nothing about this MoBo so it's just a theory but maybe keep the sensor for case temp and see if the warning still pops up. My guess is that it would post normally.

If you really want to get creative and use that sensor on the heatsink you could look into editing the BIOS and see if there is a way to adjust the acceptable range. The danger here is that you'd need to know what is acceptable.

Either way, looking really good buddy. I love the distressed look of the side panel. I've used those PCIe plates before and they are much nicer than using the 8 screws to hold each individual PCI card.

Note from the Editors

It recently has come to the attention of the publishers that articulated subject matter is ostensibly incongruous with the target demographic.
The original allegorical prose was intended to for a seemingly more genteel and erudite audience.
The Editors offer apology to any unintended: befuddlement, disconcertment, stupefaction and/or narcosis caused by this oversight.
Due to the apparent prevalent philistinism of the target demographic...
The Publishers have suspended any further development of the current allegory and will substitute suitable content in upcoming posts.
viz sic et. al. anon. .subj
ed.
elephant.jpg

“The WhiteElephant” – stampeding your old-school soon!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................
SwartHack saunters towards the front doors of The OCF Member’s Lounge Daycare planning to make a grand entrance.
He is quite full of himself today and excited to show the kids the progress he has made.
It has been a while since his last Story Time, and the bad feeling he left with still lingered.
He was not sure what he was going to find and was a little apprehensive. “When left to their own devices….” He pondered…

Despite the misgivings he flings open the doors expecting mayhem, preparing to make the grandiose declaration,
“I have returned and it is Story Time, everybody get ready for Story Time!!!

But he scarcely got out a word, chocking on shock and surprise. He was stunned by what he saw.
All the kids were already gathered in the Story Time area around an immense case that was connected to an apparently new 468” 10k Negative Ion Screen.
SwartHack had never seen the place so clean and orderly.
Everything was in its place. He was dumbfounded.

Scottie Jr. was peering into the case at a mess of wires and tubing in what appeared to be some 8x gcard setup.
Xbasicbgx stood by his side scratching his head.
The rest sat around idly in apparent anticipation.
None of them appeared to have noticed or acknowledged SwartHack’s entrance

“Common man!” a number of them chorus!!!

“The satellite is in range you dinks!!!”, barks mdcomp The III, hunched over a laptop. “It’s now or never!!!”

“I doun’t kneew!” exclaims Scottie Jr!!!, “Weare givin’ ‘er all she goots! There’as not enough powa’!!”

PlasticAmbler, staring over Scottie Jr.’s shoulder, nudges him aside and takes a look.
“Hmmm, ohh, yeah! I see the problem”, he casually states.
Stepping back he gives the case a swift kick in the psu.
The lights in the room flicker and the case comes alive.
Moments later the 468” 10k flickers into what appears a window to another world.

“Got it!” mdcomp The III shouts!

Everyone scrambles for places, with nervous giggles of excitement.

“OK, everyone! Get Ready!”, pronounces i.m.o.g. “Our parents are not going to be happy if they find out we are doing this."

“Your Dad is not going to be happy when he realizes you raided his hardware stash again!”, chides EarthPuppy.

“Here it is! Here it is!!!! They chorus, “Turn it up and turn off the lights.”

SwartHack turns off the lights, without anyone actually noticing who did, and slips into concealment behind the kids to see what is actually going on.
He catches NOATMCARD’s eye and gives him the shoosh sigh with a wink. NOATMCARD grins and nods.
The Negative Ion Screen comes to life with whatever the kids are so anxiously looking for.

(Announcer voice from TV)
‘……and NOW it’s time for America’s favorite daytime fun show, “Leeeeetttt’s Make a DDR Deal!”’

[comments from kids]
“Far out man!”- ZippySwift

(announcer)
‘…where small time benchers try to parley their hardware stash and make the big jump into re-seller hood..
‘Todays contestant on Let’s Make a DDR Deal is former head of the Computer Science department at MIT.
He is the holder of a PhD, an MA, a BA and is a BMF besides, lets give a warm welcome to Bob Bianching!!!’

(audience applause)

‘Common over here, all the way from MIT, Bob Bianching!! How you doing Bob?’

“How do you get on this show man”- PlasticAmbler

‘Bianching, huh huh huh’

‘Well that’s far-out, solid and right-on! So Bob, a question I ask all our contestants, What made you drop out?’

‘Well, a lot of people think it’s the 400 acid trips I took, ya know…’

‘ Uh, huh then what was it really Bob?’

‘One day I played Black Sabbath at 78 speed…’

‘And then what happened Bob?’

‘I saw GOD!!!’

“I’ve done that!!!”- Plastic Ambler
“Ohh yeah!?” – SaneShowDogg
“Yeah, but with Grand Funk…”-PlasticAmbler

‘Well you saw God Bob, that sounds like true enlightenment to me… so I saw you had a lot of Degrees.
An MA, a PhD, a BA. What are you doing with all that knowledge?’

‘Making candles man!’

‘Maaaking Candles, well that sounds creative. What kind of candles Bob?'

‘They’re really neat computer candles, man! You pour wax on the computer. And then you set it on FIRE!’

‘Well that sounds like a hot item Bob…. OK are you ready to play our game?
‘As you already know the rules, you are fronted a stash of 50 gigs, and can bet some or all of them on any of our tests.’

’50 gigs? Can I quite now?’

‘No Bob, you have to play our game. So how many gigs do you want to wager on the first question…?’

‘uh, err, uh..ALL of them!’

‘He’s going to shoot-the-works, or “OVERCLOCK” as we say here on “Let’s Make a DDR Deal”.
OK Bob, here is your first question. You have sixty seconds…
‘For 50 gigs, What is your Name?’

"Awe man, I know that one man!" – ZippySwift
"Oh yeah, then what is it?" - xbasicbgx

‘Huh-huh-uh-huh, I knew it when I came in here…’
(audience laughter)

‘Starts with a B, ends with B. 30 seconds…’

‘Wait don’t tell me…’

‘Ten seconds Bob…’

‘BOB!’

‘Yes it’s Bob, you just won 50 gigs!!!;

(applause)

“I knew it man…’” – ZippySwift
“I can do that man! How do you get on this show?”- hokieprep

Ok Bob, how much do you want to wager on the next question?’

‘ALL of them!’

‘All of them! He’s going to shoot-the-works again! What Balls he has! OK Bob, for 100 keys,
How many 1meg memory sticks in a Gig? 30 seconds….’

‘Oh I know that one man, uh….wait a second, TWO!’

‘Two?!?’

‘Yeah, I use big sticks….’

‘Well the judges use big sticks too Bob, you have just won 100 keys.'

(applause)

“Two sticks? That guy must be from Silicon Valley man”- Obnubliated
“Or he got ripped off, heh heh”- Soloman.

‘OK, Bob, are you ready for the final test? Before you are three doors marked door #1, door #2 and door #3.
And behind one of those doors is 50 lbs. of Taiwanese black silicon.’

(audience-‘oooohhhhh, aaahhhhhhh’)

‘Makes your volt meter red just thinking about it, huh Bob?
‘Ok Bob, I’m going to make a deal with you.
Instead of the doors, I will give you $500 and 50 leds in exchange for your 100 gigs.’

“Take the leds man!’”-guide

‘Not sure Bob? How about $1000 and 50 leds?’

“Yeah man, take the leds man!!!”- bang
“No pick the doors man”-Janus33 ½

‘I want the Silicon!”

‘He wants the Silicon! Ok, I must remind you that behind the other two doors are Narcs…

‘uh, huhm WHAT man? I’ll take the leds man!!’

‘Too late Bob, you have to pick a door. OK Bob, pick a door. Door number 1, 2 or 3.

‘FOUR!’

‘No Bob, either 1, 2 or 3’

Choose number 3 man, number 3!-Johan 22 ½

‘2….1 no 1…2,3 no.. 1’

‘Wait, argh uh, wait Bob, OK no tap backs…
You have chosen door number 1 and behind that door is Special Agent Stedenko from the NSA! You’re Busted!!!!'

(groans, sirens)

‘I would have taken the leds man!!!’- bang
‘What happened man…?’ – ZippySwift

(audience applause, fading out)
.................................................. ...

“That was so awesome!”, mdcomp THE III exclaims, “When is the next episode?”

“Let’s find the Bytes & Tytes channel”, suggests Dubya Jr. with excitement.

“Yeah, yeah!!!” the groups choruses.

SwartHack believes now would be a good time to announce his presence as he moves out of his concealed spot towards the center of the group.

‘Oh Shiat!’, blurts i.m.o.g. “Mr. Hack.”

“I don’t think that would be such a good idea.” SwartHack announces,
“Hey kids, that was pretty funny. A definite classic, and I won’t tell your parents, but DDR Deal is one thing, Bits n’ Tits is another.”

Laughter and giggles among the kids.

“Well it looks like you got a nice set-up and you are all here, so let’s do Story Time about the WhiteElephant and its final steps”…….

The kids actually cheer and seem excited. SwartHack is dumbfounded again...
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

So its “Fun with Plexi” instead of “Cry of the Hunters” then.

Before we get to the actual biz there where a number of things I needed to accomplish before finishing up the front panel.
First was dealing with the different front panel headers on this beast.
I did not want to have to deal with rewiring a new plug or individual plugs.
As you can see the plug has seen better days.
So gently reconditioned it with some specific wiring for my new components.

IMG_001.JPG
IMG_002.JPG
IMG_003.JPG
IMG_004.JPG
IMG_005.JPG

I also had an idea of put a fan on the cooling fins of the NVIDIA NFP3400 chip. I believe this is the FSB on this rig?
Anyway as illustrated in a previous post it gets way hot. I ran across this tiny 12v fan at the TwilightZone electronics store and it fit perfectly.
Bummer is that the gCard does not have the clearance and obscures part of the fins.
Even after I cut out a part of the gCard fan housing.
I compromised with the illustrated approach.
Can’t hurt, I figure..

IMG_006.JPG
IMG_007.JPG
IMG_008.JPG
IMG_010.JPG
IMG_011.JPG

So yes, FINALLY! I get my front panel!!!
OK, yeah, I know. I did not machine this front panel with my dremel, but I did design it.
Finally getting some of my CAD chops back.
I ran upon this local plastic fabricating company, and after chatting with one of their CAD guys, he hooked me up with their laser bench.
Since I was providing a 100% compatible design, all I had to pay for was the bench time, which was significant for the grill and etching.
I paid a number of bags of coins.

IMG_013.JPG

So I am all set, right?
Sadly, no! I could easily sweep this part under the rug and the secret would always be mine to naw away at my already sordid black soul.
I felt complied to share my mistake here, so that anyone may avoid repeating it.

Basically my original idea of back-mounting the USB ports without through-holes was not worthy.
I needed beefier hardware to support these USB port mounts and cable leverage, and not damage the panel.
So I broke out the drill and made the required holes.
From there it just got worse and I will save you all the details.
Suffice it to say I should not have used alcohol to try and clean up my mess.
I guess I signed a waiver when I pick it saying not to use any chemical cleaning product of any kind, especially alcohol based.
OOPPPS

So yeah, here is what can happens to acrylic when those guidelines aren’t followed.
I guess some chemical reaction takes place through the entire piece.

IMG_017.JPG
IMG_018.JPG
IMG_016.JPG

So what does a Hack do. Have another one made, of course.
On the initial run I wasn’t happy in the first place as they etched the backside of the panel.
So after some discussions, he agreed to run it again for only one bag of coins.

IMG_019.JPG

All I needed to do now was glue it in.
Well, more complicated than I anticipated.
I did not end up using the Acrylic glue as pictured, as it turns out it was only for gluing acrylics to acrylics.
After making a mess and figuring that out, I went with good old gap filling CA.
Which at first went OK. I have some gaps around the seal, but stopped dicking with it after I took my clean rag I unnoticeable dropped some CA on,
then used it to wipe off and managed to smudge the CA all over. It really is not that noticeable, but boy-o-boy was I steamed…

IMG_020.JPG

And here is the rest in all its glory.
“The WhiteElephant” – stampeding your old-school soon!

IMG_021.JPG
IMG_022.JPG
IMG_023.JPG
IMG_024.JPG
IMG_025.JPG
IMG_026.JPG
IMG_027.JPG
img_028.JPG

……………………..................................... ..... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............
For once the kids thought it was kinda cool.
As he walked out bidding everyone till next time, if there was a next time, he could not help but ponder the greater experience and its impact on his humanity; on his very existence.

“hhmmmm, maybe the great thinkers are wrong…” he musses to himself, “ just maybe....

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

"Fancy thinking the Beast was something you could hunt and kill!....Childhood is a disease, a sickness that you grow out of." - William Golding

"What terrible tragedies realism inflicts on people...Man is unhappy because he doesn't know he's happy!...
"When, in the course of all these thousands of years has man ever acted in accordance with his own interests?" - Фёдор Миха́йлович Достое́вский

"How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children...
“Man with all his noble qualities still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin.” – Charles Darwin

"the child, left to his own devices, . . . would end up in chaos, disorder, arbitrariness, that is: persist in mere vital vegetating" - M. J. Langeveld

"...be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...
"Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee

"My Mama talka to me try to tell me how to live! But I dont listen too her cause my head is like a siv!" - Cheech and Chong

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................

Last edited:
The world's comin' to an end, I don't even care
As long as I can have a limo and my orange hair

:D

…..We join SwartHack in the middle of story time in the OCF Member’s Lounge Day Care.
Unbeknownst to most member’s, SwartHack joins the kids every week to share with them his unique views on life.
All the littles are here. Johan22 ½, EarthPup, Janus33 ½, NOATMCARD, Jr. Scottie, Woomack Jr., hokieprep, and even little amoeba Blaylock Jr.

………………….
“… and that kids is how Johan45 and Blaylock vanquished the evil denizens of Overclockers.net in the 2015 Team cup.”

Collective “ooooohhhhhh” from the kids..

“But Mr. Hack, how many volts did they need? How many watts?”, asked Jr. Scottie.

“Lots and lots, and they had a magic PSU with unlimited watts”

Collective “aaaahhhhhhh”

“What about Team Russia? What are we gonna do about them?”, inquiries EarthPup, “My Dad says we will get them next year…”

“Well, you little hacker. Your Dad is very powerful and sincere in his desire, but they are all Commies, so there is nothing we can do about them”

“What’s a Commie, Mr. Hack?” interjects NOATMCARD.

“Well, that’s a story for another time kids.”

“aaaawwwwww, Please Mr. Hack!” choruses the group.

“No no, kids, but I will tell you about my plans for a new Project Log for my WhiteElephant project and all the cool things I am doing to this old AMD server.”

“NNoooooooooooooooo!”, the kids groan.

“We wanna hear about Commies!!”, protests Johan22 ½, “Your project logs blow! You promised that TheBianch was gonna be the last one.”

“Now now kids, you know OC education is a part of Day Care. And project logs are a good way to share what you are doing.
Now go stabilize your RAM settings and then off to nap time.
Next time we’ll pick up on the WhiteElephant and see its amazing transformation into possible legend….”

“aaawwww”, “I hate RAM tuning”, exclaims Woomack Jr.
………………………………………………………………………………………….

..…Join us next time at OCF Member’s Lounge Day Care, where we will have picture time and treats.
Cheers

OMG! Talk about LMAO! Thanks SH!!

Awesome wrecking...errr...modding job! Gorgeous!

Back