• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 tower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FreshDA9

Registered
Hey guys, new here. Going to start building my first PC and of course you have to star with the foundation. I have been looking at cases for a while and have landed on this one, the Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 tower. Seems like it is very compatible with several mother boards, cooling radiators, massive hard drive docks etc.

Im looking to build my work horse computer and looking to build an Intel water cooled machine. Also looking to run multiple hard drives switching between SSD and mechanical's (mostly for music storage and pictures).

Here is the link i have been looking at on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=IRJVMCEZNGF71&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl

computer 001.jpg computer 002.jpg computer 003.jpg computer 004.jpg

Want to get some opinions on this case, Also if anyone has used one would like to know your input! Also since this is my first build is there anythign i should focus on when purchasing a case that Noobs mainly overlook? Thanks guys! :comp:

Never heard of that case it doesn't look bad from the specs but hard to tell unless one gets their hands dirty on it. What I will comment is, you're likely better off putting together a build list of exactly what you want before purchasing a case. Are you going full custom loop or AIO water? Once you have a good idea of what is going into the case, buying one that fits the build is a lot easier.

That case looks pretty big. Lots of room to work in it seems! :thup:

We have a thread about our favorite cases here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/748535-Recommended-Cases-of-OCF in case you change your mind.

My only thoughts are, if there's a large case that fits your needs for a cheaper price... But I don't buy cases so I don't know of any off hand.

Thanks Pharaoh i'll have a look in that thread, skimmed it and looks like the pics are all dead. A cheaper case would be nicer too i like the room and filters in front of the fans.

Never heard of that case it doesn't look bad from the specs but hard to tell unless one gets their hands dirty on it. What I will comment is, you're likely better off putting together a build list of exactly what you want before purchasing a case. Are you going full custom loop or AIO water? Once you have a good idea of what is going into the case, buying one that fits the build is a lot easier.

I dont have a build sheet as this is my first build. Im looking around at parts and trying to figure out what fits my needs. Figured the case is where i need to start and this one seems to accommodate most motherboards and cooling systems. Im leaning towards a G1 motherboard. I can tell you i like this case because its sealed with filters around the fans to help keep dust and dirt out as well keep the noise down. I would like to keep the computer quite with a pleatura of fans to keep it cool. I've been looking at water cooling systems and havent made my mind up (looking to make a post and read more on this forum before purchasing). If any info i provided to you can guide me towards a better case please let me know, or any better sites/vendors to check out.

That case looks pretty big. Lots of room to work in it seems! :thup:

We have a thread about our favorite cases here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/748535-Recommended-Cases-of-OCF in case you change your mind.

My only thoughts are, if there's a large case that fits your needs for a cheaper price... But I don't buy cases so I don't know of any off hand.

Looking more through that link and found the Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 is on the list which is slightly smaller then the 6 and $50 less. looks like i'll be comparing the 2! ;)

FreshDA9 said:
Thanks Pharaoh i'll have a look in that thread, skimmed it and looks like the pics are all dead. A cheaper case would be nicer too i like the room and filters in front of the fans.

Looks like there is one pic that I need to update but the rest are showing up for me. ???

If the Deep Silence 6 is anything like the 5, I would expect it to be a top of the line case. I also agree with Mandrake though. You should determine what you need/want as far as components before buying the case. Plan it all out first then start picking up stuff.

Figure out your platform (AMD/INTEL), ram, GPU, etc, then determine how much cooling it will take to keep it at a good temp. Then find out what case will house everything you decided on.

I agree with you fresh that you should start with the foundation, bu tin the PC world the foundation ins the motherboard/CPU combo.

For an anagram of "nano" and "anorexia", I am quite perplexed by the sheer size of this thing haha.

Jokes aside, it looks EXTREMELY utilitarian, and the white one with the window looks really epic. Great size, built in filtration, the IO front panel is extremely clever.

Looks like there is one pic that I need to update but the rest are showing up for me. ???

If the Deep Silence 6 is anything like the 5, I would expect it to be a top of the line case. I also agree with Mandrake though. You should determine what you need/want as far as components before buying the case. Plan it all out first then start picking up stuff.

Figure out your platform (AMD/INTEL), ram, GPU, etc, then determine how much cooling it will take to keep it at a good temp. Then find out what case will house everything you decided on.

I agree with you fresh that you should start with the foundation, bu tin the PC world the foundation ins the motherboard/CPU combo.

I have been looking mostly at Gigabyte G1 mother boards, although im not a PC gamer yet im an electronics nerd, the higher end capacitors, and upgraded audio card makes me feel better. I want an Intel machine and would like to look more towards the I7 stuff (not familiar with at all). I am also looking at the Gigabyte video cards and possible water cooling system built in, (didnt see one where i could run a custom water cooling set up through). I need to check with the mother board section on here on which board is best for me.

If I were in you shoes Fresh I would start a build log a list what gear you'd like to get and why. Also list what your budget is. You will recieve a great deal of information on what is current, what you should not go cheap on, and where you could save cash.

This seems to be the most efficient and helpful method we have come across.

Best of luck.

If I were in you shoes Fresh I would start a build log a list what gear you'd like to get and why. Also list what your budget is. You will recieve a great deal of information on what is current, what you should not go cheap on, and where you could save cash.

This seems to be the most efficient and helpful method we have come across.

Best of luck.

Any particular group i should post a build log too in here? thanks for your help

You may get more eyes on it if you post a build log in the general section or Intel/AMD Cpu section, which ever you're looking at.

Not sure from the scale of the pictures, but unless those drive trays are removable (they don't look like they are in the pictures, and I saw no mention of that being a feature), it looks like (un-)plugging cables on a modular PSU might be painful.

Back