• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus Z170-A onboard video not working. Not HDMI. Not DVI.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I called asus and they said "did you try it without the graphics card in the motherboard" I said yes. Then they were like, ok, return it, there are no other troubleshooting steps we have for you.

I thought: Really? You're not even gonna ask me to reset CMOS/BIOS?

I've read about other people having issues with onboard video not working on this board that hey had to return or RMA it, but I'm having a hard time believing that so many of these boards are like that. Do you guys have any suggestions on what can be done about this video problem? Any troubleshooting steps you'd recommend I take?

iam using asus Z170 gamer pro. iam also having same problem.
finaly i change the display option from display 01 to 02& switched Hdmi port option in display. tatsit
i solved my problem. may be it helpful for you . Thanks

Window 10
right click deskop>> Display settings>>Multiple display-option>> Choose-show only on 2. now switch your monitor to hdmi port thatsit

I had the same issues on M8 Hero. IGP was simply not working. It's in RMA now because it wasn't working at all but I added IGP issue to the list so maybe they fix it.

I'm actually having the same problem with the same board (not my decision, it's for work and purchasing made an oops). All of a sudden the windows installer started bluescreening. After a few restarts, no video on the iGPU and the VGA LED stayed lit, indicating a problem with a dedicated graphics card, even without one installed.

Tried clearing the CMOS, no luck. Left the battery out and PSU off over the weekend, no luck. Same response, Asus told me that since it was within the 30 day purchase window that I should return to the seller. Don't know what's going on with these things.

I mean, using it as an excuse to toss a 980 Ti into what's ultimately going to be a file server, especially when I'm not paying for it, but would be nice to have an actual fix

Back