• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV:WPrime 1024

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you ran this just so you can put the "Susanoo" in the submission :D

Nah - I wanted to try it out with the 3770K. :D
I merely added that notation since every other with times like that were all on water, that was done to explain how it was even possibly done on air.

It does seem to hold up quite well. How's the temps at that speed Bonesy?

Not certain, haven't been able to get a reading but temps do seem comparable to my watercooling at idle BUT we all know idle and load temps are two different things.
I also have one of my blowers right above it blowing straightdown onto it - That really helps.

I'm sure it does. Might even work better w/o the other fans.

5.0 on Air certainly has merit McCoy that's for sure, even with one of you blowers above it. :thup:

Certainly but I believe I've also found it's limit too.
Haven't been able to make it complete a run any faster so unless I have better ambient temps that's it.

Alabama! You need to send it to Scotty I bet he has better ambient temps right now. :D

Last edited:
Devlos / 4690k / AIO / 220.959
wptime a ways to go.JPG

I'm really trying to work with this RAM. It's Adata 1333/cl-9-9-9
The CPu is next but I know 4.5GHz is my thermal limit if that. This thing is delidded and has low voltage but is really hot anyway. I already had a run that was 189.xxx seconds too but crashed and lost it then had to clear cmos.

Devlos / 4690k / AIO / 212.834
wprime meh.JPG

Devlos / 4690k / AIO / 207.605
wprime mehish.JPG

You see it is throttling here. i would have to back off the oc if I wanted to stop that from happening. I don't know why this thing runs soooooo hot yet has decent voltage. Maybe it needs to be lapped or my AIO isn't on tight.

xtu throttleing.JPG

You can see thermal throttling in green at the bottom.

And here is no throttling.
xtu no thrortling.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like Wprime wasn't liking my stripped version of Win7 tried another install and it helped.
Mandrake4565/6700k/H2O/129.093
wprime1024,129.093.6700k.png

Looks like Wprime wasn't liking my stripped version of Win7 tried another install and it helped.
Mandrake4565/6700k/H2O/129.093
View attachment 171236

Is that 1.2x voltage real or just bad read ? Looks like my 6700K is kinda bad. 4.6GHz stable at about 1.35V but for 4.7GHz+ it needs ~1.44V. 6600K which isn't any special can make about 100MHz more at the same voltage.

Is that 1.2x voltage real or just bad read ? Looks like my 6700K is kinda bad. 4.6GHz stable at about 1.35V but for 4.7GHz+ it needs ~1.44V. 6600K which isn't any special can make about 100MHz more at the same voltage.
No Woomack it's not 1.2x, it was set at 1.45v and under load reading 1.46 on my DMM.

Back