• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV:WPrime 1024

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
opps ...... running back and forth cooking supper ..... new recipie to boot. Well Tinas home it supper time .......last run for tonight need more cold this is as far as the loop will go tonight, it needs a cleaning..

bassnut / FX8370 / H2O / 203.656

snaphsot0006.png

Last edited:
Silver_Pharaoh / FX6300 / H2O / 300.724

Apparently, tweaking the NB and RAM doesn't help here.
Need to feed it volts and get more Mhz

300.724.PNG

No Woomack it's not 1.2x, it was set at 1.45v and under load reading 1.46 on my DMM.

Still not bad for 4.9GHz. On 6600K I had to set ~1.5V for 5GHz ( on cold ) but scalling above 5GHz was really bad and my 6700K looks worse at least on water. For benching even on 2-4 cores, my worse 5820K is better than 6600K/6700K. I don't think I will find time in next weeks to bench it on cold but we will see.

Ram will net you a bit but not huge points (209 to 208 jus ram) from what I seen last night but my big jumps came when I kicked it in the A##. Gonna be cooler on the weekend.

Yep ~ 3.5 seconds per 100 MHz

Johan45/FX-9370/H2O/ 184.453

184.453.JPG

DOn't forget all work yadda yadda you know time for some fun E_D
No doubt... I just got back from something that went from a planned power outage of the Data Center to a flow blown disaster recovery for the Mainframe. We are running 70% of our business at the Disaster Recovery site. It was a long weekend!

Need to get XP on this Z170....

So it went from a test to the real thing? Somebody do something wrong?

Yep. Planned outage, to real failure.

Not sure if the vendor borked it. Our back end storage failed for the mainframe (2 director cards went belly up so the storage behind it got scrambled). One went down on power up, the other crapped out when they were running a diagnostic on it (they say).

Still not bad for 4.9GHz. On 6600K I had to set ~1.5V for 5GHz ( on cold ) but scalling above 5GHz was really bad and my 6700K looks worse at least on water. For benching even on 2-4 cores, my worse 5820K is better than 6600K/6700K. I don't think I will find time in next weeks to bench it on cold but we will see.
One note though Woomack the water was at 6c so that helps a bit.

Need to pickup a small SDD and get XP on it :)
Too bad you don't have Microcenters up there, I picked up a few Sandisk SSD plus drives for 39.99 a few weeks back.

Need to get XP on this Z170....
Keep us updated on how that goes ED, I've yet to try it but imagine it will be a bit of a pain.

Yep. Planned outage, to real failure.

Not sure if the vendor borked it. Our back end storage failed for the mainframe (2 director cards went belly up so the storage behind it got scrambled). One went down on power up, the other crapped out when they were running a diagnostic on it (they say).

Wow, bet that was some kind of panic, people running everywhere but getting nowhere. At least that's behind you now

One note though Woomack the water was at 6c so that helps a bit.

Too bad you don't have Microcenters up there, I picked up a few Sandisk SSD plus drives for 39.99 a few weeks back.

Keep us updated on how that goes ED, I've yet to try it but imagine it will be a bit of a pain.

I think F_S has a thread started in the intel section, he's not having much luck with it by the looks of things

Last edited:
All updated, nice to see ya out jiccman

Woomack / 6700K / H2O / 133.07

125.jpg

I have only unoptimized Win10 right now so I doubt I will make any better. CPU can't make more. For 50-100MHz higher clock it requires higher voltage and is clearly overheating.
Actually I was checking something on memory and I thought I will add one result ;)

Updated. Cmon bassnut, the cold is coming, I'm sure you could squeeze that a bit harder

almost .... system lock at 57% need more cold. Maybe late tonight.

Spoke too soon ....

Attachments

• snaphsot0008.png
    snaphsot0008.png
    143.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Back