• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV:WPrime 1024

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
or open some windows ..... office is down below 40*F now. Tina thinks I am nuts ...... :screwy:

Going to get chilly out tonight Lockekey stick that thang outside and let er rip! :D

Unfortunately it is sleeting here tonight. Tomorrow should be clear with a low of 15 though. I want to try and hit 185 flat tomorrow.

Yes .... Several ..... got them all here somewhere ..... 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 10 though I have not gotten around to installing it. Not sure if I will have time to set one up though.

OK Manny I tried installing XP but got BSOD ..... hardware failure at loading windows screen ...... what am I missing.

AHCI, No I have the drive in the #2 spot ...... am downloading all the XP drivers now for the board ....... just waiting on the chipset.

Refresh my aging memory ...... XP will or willnot run in AHCI mode. Will installing the new AHCI drivers at the begining of the install be an option? Its been forever since I had XP loaded almost chucked the disks a while back.

Xp will not run in AHCI, I used Nlite to add them to my Xp copy. There may be a way of adding them while you're installing XP but I do not know if or how.

You can add drivers during install but you need a floppy drive, seems XP can't do USB.

Still can't get XP to load even after setting IDE in bios. Tried both XP Home and Pro SSD and regular drive as well..... dunno.... :fight:

Only time I've had that issue was when I was using the Asmedia Sata ports to try and install.

I have tried just about every combination ..... I think my sATA controller does not like the drivers on my XP disk from what I have been reading. I may try addin new drivers or may just say frig it ...... right now its supper time, gotta figure out something to eat. Thats it for me tonight.

If you're really feeling it Bassnut you could always incorporate the CHV drivers on to the XP disk.

Back