• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season IV:WPrime 1024

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK all updated.
I think I just had the worst week ever for benching. Got a late start friday and then the CHIV gave out. So I was scrambling to get something else rigged up. Spen a few hours wrangling with getting OS installed. Never could get XP to load. I was having trouble with the same drive earlier this week with Win10, Strange part is Win7 will load without any problems. The other two just error out on me at some point. So I started up Saturdy with The CHVz and bassnuts 8350. This is where things got weirder, I took it down slowly and when I got to full pot the thing crashed and wouldn't start. FF code. So I stripped it down and checked again without the pot just a quick on /off and it lit up. So off I go again and the same thing happened. I had left the pot "looser" this time thinking I may had over tightened it. Stripped it down one more time. Pulled it apart and took the hairdryer to it, maybe some water in the socket I thought. Tried again and the same only I swear it kept happening at higher temps. Another tear down and put the Sempy145 in just in case the board felt like frying something. This time my effin thermometer doesn't register. Turns out it was a broken wire that I fixed today. I managed to bench it a little but it's a POS with or without cold. quit at ~330 FSB same as on the loop so no gains. I did get Geekbench and GPUPI done 1h 13m but overall it was a very disappointing week. Pretty sure my Max Hero VI is wonky, had another pin fall out. The Giga FM2+ has some weird issue with the USB ports. Definitely hasn't been a good couple months for me. Too much stuff dying.

OK all updated.
I think I just had the worst week ever for benching. Got a late start friday and then the CHIV gave out. So I was scrambling to get something else rigged up. Spen a few hours wrangling with getting OS installed. Never could get XP to load. I was having trouble with the same drive earlier this week with Win10, Strange part is Win7 will load without any problems. The other two just error out on me at some point. So I started up Saturdy with The CHVz and bassnuts 8350. This is where things got weirder, I took it down slowly and when I got to full pot the thing crashed and wouldn't start. FF code. So I stripped it down and checked again without the pot just a quick on /off and it lit up. So off I go again and the same thing happened. I had left the pot "looser" this time thinking I may had over tightened it. Stripped it down one more time. Pulled it apart and took the hairdryer to it, maybe some water in the socket I thought. Tried again and the same only I swear it kept happening at higher temps. Another tear down and put the Sempy145 in just in case the board felt like frying something. This time my effin thermometer doesn't register. Turns out it was a broken wire that I fixed today. I managed to bench it a little but it's a POS with or without cold. quit at ~330 FSB same as on the loop so no gains. I did get Geekbench and GPUPI done 1h 13m but overall it was a very disappointing week. Pretty sure my Max Hero VI is wonky, had another pin fall out. The Giga FM2+ has some weird issue with the USB ports. Definitely hasn't been a good couple months for me. Too much stuff dying.
It's sounds like you caught the Woomack virus. :D

Nice one Devlos ! Those things aren't easy to OC

I think I may have gotten luckier for a change.

Johan45/6700K/H2O/124.129

mar 124.129.JPG

Yes cold water. It's a new gasket around the block too so it akes a day to settle. I just stopped there cause we had company might hav had more yet ?? It was also 1.44v under load

Yes cold water. It's a new gasket around the block too so it akes a day to settle. I just stopped there cause we had company might hav had more yet ?? It was also 1.44v under load
That cold water sure does help, I've yet to see anything better then +6c water so far. :(

It sure does, I'm just happy it wasn't 1.6v to do that

dang, you took 2 off on memory alone.

and congrats on the silver!!!!

Nice one Devlos ! Those things aren't easy to OC

I've been working it from every angle, changed motherboard and cpu cooling since I started and so much trial and FAIL with the ram, and the locked multi is a pain. Anyways thanks.You all have been kickin a$z the whole month!

Nice runs guys, almost done. So what's in store for next month??

59249653.jpg

Hmmmmmm

Is it a Geekbench Multicore target competition, with a target score of 7410.:clap:

Last edited:
Definitely need to pick up some more ssd. I'm tied of reloading Windows every few days on mine.

Back