• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nostalgia 3.0 Custom Water Cooled System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Nostalgia 3.0 based on a "Classified" theme.

System Specs

- i7 5930K OC'd @ 4.4Ghz
- EVGA X99 Classified
- Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB @ 2400Mhz
- EVGA GTX 780 Classified 3GB Hydro Copper in SLI (x2)
- Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD (OS)
- WD Raptors 300GB (x2), WD Black 1.5 TB (x2), Toshiba 3TB (All for storage)
- Corsair AX1200i

Water Cooling Specs

- Custom Swiftech XL "Classified" Waterblock
- EVGA GTX 780 Classified Waterblocks (x2)
- Black Ice SR1 240mm
- Black Ice SR1 360mm
- Black Ice SR1 480mm
- Swiftech Maelstrom Reservoir
- Swiftech MCP35X2 (Pumps in serial)
- Koolance Flow Meter Adapter with Display
- Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT
- Aquacomputer Farbwerk (LEDs)
- Phobya Water Temp Sensors (x2)
- Aquaero Air Temp Sensors (x3)
- Bitspower Silver Compression Fittings (1/2 ID x 3/4 OD)
- PrimoChill Advanced LRT Bloodshed Red (1/2 ID x 3/4 OD)

22643612936_f5fef3875a_h.jpg

22048492473_3a7f63831b_h.jpg

22643617906_3a010fbcf1_h.jpg

22669641855_bee3b2f4a4_h.jpg

22643619406_03d1842a8b_h.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice GTXJB!

Thank you! :salute:

very pretty!!!!
what pump/res are you using?

Thank you!

That is the Swiftech Maelstrom-35X2. I actually had the two MCP-35x pumps prior to purchasing that reservoir so technically I didn't buy it all as one which you could if you wanted too but regardless they installed with ease. All I bought was the reservoir that came with the dual pump top. (Maelstrom-DPH)

The only issue I have with these reservoirs is the shallow depth. When you run those pumps at full bore (2.0+ GPM), they will suck up air, unfortunately. The only time I run them at full bore is when I'm bleeding the loop after maintenance. Man oh man do they bleed out the air out of the loop FAST! lol But again I have to keep an eye of the reservoir and keep topping it off. Once I'm done and shut them off, the water comes gushing out of the closed cap.

Obviously there are a few bad designs on this reservoir but its just people need to know what they are and once you do, you can work around with caution but people should be aware.

Here's a few images of the reservoir and pumps I took today. The pumps are under the reservoir at the lower half of the dual bay face plate, basically behind the temp display.

22734116481_6320356888_h.jpg

Here's another image as I tried my best without opening the case and having the camera as stable as possible. You could see one of the pumps with the white label tucked in there just under the reservoir. Remember, these are running in serial configuration with a Swiftech dual top that came with the reservoir.

22709361052_52d21ec160_h.jpg

I will say though, if Monsoon can somehow implement a dual DDC to their dual bay reservoirs with a temp display, hell make the temp display RGB as well alone with the existing LEDs they already have installed, would be already installed in this system. I mean Koolance has figured out a way to do so but thing is, is the idea patented by them which forces other manufacturers to look the other way? Not sure but would again love to see Monsoon implement some of the features of this reservoir to theirs. I'd be all over it. lol

Nice - I see that you have an EVBOT for those Classifieds....:)

Ah yes. I actually don't use it as much as one would but its always nice to have. OCing on the fly takes it to a whole other level. :D

Nvidia got on EVGA's rear about these things so they stopped selling these unfortunately. Not sure if they'll come back but I did see one for $100 (Double the value) on ebay which sold fairly quickly so I know these things sell fast. I know if I were to sell mine, it surely would sell for much more than what I paid for. Good thing is that EVGA still includes the EVBOT port on their Classifieds and Kingpins. I still haven't found one on the X99 Classified MB though as I know they had in the past. I will say I've heard rumors of EVGA coming out with a 2nd Gen of these EVBots so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Very nice, clean. :thup:

Thank you!

I tried my best as I get fairly impatient when it comes to cable management. When it comes to the backside, nothing to see here! :chair:

Last edited:
I think I've only seen a handful of computer where the cable management extended to the badside of the MB, I know mines a full blown rats nest back there and it will stay that way until I win the lottery and have nothing but time to kill, even then I doubt I would sort it out.

Impressed you get 2+gpm with the same pumps I have, I wonder if that's mainly cause I have smaller ID tubing or what. Looks good, like the LED on the out perimeter of the MB case opening, I bet it looks sick at night with the door installed.

Im totally jealous of the 3 monitors you have, I want to do a surround setup one of these days.

Very sick looking rig you got there GTX Jack, are there gonna be any custom paint job in the near future?, i think this beast would look really bad *** in red with some red claw mark

Last edited:
Super clean build, i'm a bit jealous! I really digg your use of the front bays. How do you like the NZXT light controller? I've heard mixed opinions on it. I'm also digging your rear exhaust fan, haven't seen one of those in quite some time!

I think I've only seen a handful of computer where the cable management extended to the badside of the MB, I know mines a full blown rats nest back there and it will stay that way until I win the lottery and have nothing but time to kill, even then I doubt I would sort it out.

Impressed you get 2+gpm with the same pumps I have, I wonder if that's mainly cause I have smaller ID tubing or what. Looks good, like the LED on the out perimeter of the MB case opening, I bet it looks sick at night with the door installed.

Im totally jealous of the 3 monitors you have, I want to do a surround setup one of these days.

Oh its a mess but I try to clean it up since I use lots of wires for this build.

I could possibly hit 2 GPM+ but I'll be sucking lots of air in the process as the reservoir isn't designed so well to handle two pumps at full bore.

The LEDs are being replaced soon as I'll post updates once the changes are made.

As for the monitors, you should and hopefully you took advantage of black friday or cyber monday like I did to get those 3 monitors a few years back.

Very sick looking rig you got there GTX Jack, are there gonna be any custom paint job in the near future?, i think this beast would look really bad *** in red with some red claw mark

Thanks ROG. :salute:

I will keep the exterior and interior mostly black because it helps red as the main contrast color since the theme of the build is from EVGA's Classified series line as both GPUs and MB are.

Super clean build, i'm a bit jealous! I really digg your use of the front bays. How do you like the NZXT light controller? I've heard mixed opinions on it. I'm also digging your rear exhaust fan, haven't seen one of those in quite some time!

Thanks spork. :salute:

The fan in the rear was a lucky buy. I can't find them anywhere and glad I picked up two of them a while back. So if this one burns out I can always replace it.

As for the NZXT LEDs and controller, it's a great controller and was surprised it was able to fill around the window frame of the 900D which is fairly massive so for any case it will fit without issue and than some. Because I'm limited to 4 front bays, its being taken out soon. I have something else in store and will reveal it all once I get it all sorted out. ;)

Looks amazing! Nice upgrade. Curious why you went with dual flow bridge ?

Hope all well btw!

Armani

Thanks Armani. :salute: Good hearing from you. It's been a while.

As for the Bitspower Aqua Links, I figured they were the easiest to install, they matched the fittings and using two of them would not only straighten out the top GPU but give me the wanted parallel configuration.

I know its been a while and had forgotten to post a few updates that were done to the rig since then.

Aquaero 6 XT with the "Classified" themed logo I had applied to the controller.

25566098290_b30bbca9ab_h.jpg

A few shots of the software at work.

fan pump.JPG

Pump and Fan curve controls based on water temps.

AQ Suite 1.JPG

Idle

Idle Delta.JPG

Load

Load Delta.JPG

Very nice work Sir!

What are the 2 individual red clad wires going to the Graphics Cards for?

I have an EVGA Hydro Copper GTX Titan but it does not have any additional connections besides the cards PCI-E power inputs?

Is it powering the lighting on the SLI bridge?

Last edited:
Very nice work Sir!

What are the 2 individual red clad wires going to the Graphics Cards for?

I have an EVGA Hydro Copper GTX Titan but it does not have any additional connections besides the cards PCI-E power inputs?

Is it powering the lighting on the SLI bridge?

Thanks you! :salute:

The red wires going to the GPUs, are for the EVBot. You'll find the EVBot in the first image of this thread, the little red looking controller. Its for OCing all the way to the extreme, something in your neck of the woods. You'll see world renowned KingPin from EVGA shattering global OCing records using that controller for his GPUs. The Classified and Kingpin GPU's are the only ones with a EVport for the EVBot. They used to have a port on the EVGA Classified MB but doesn't look like they're bringing it back anytime soon. Luckily I purchased one of the last EVBots before Nvidia went breathing down EVGA's neck and made them stop selling them or something like that but than again I heard rumors that they might come out with a new redesign but it has been a few years since than so idk.

Thanks you! :salute:

The red wires going to the GPUs, are for the EVBot. You'll find the EVBot in the first image of this thread, the little red looking controller. Its for OCing all the way to the extreme, something in your neck of the woods. You'll see world renowned KingPin from EVGA shattering global OCing records using that controller for his GPUs. The Classified and Kingpin GPU's are the only ones with a EVport for the EVBot. They used to have a port on the EVGA Classified MB but doesn't look like they're bringing it back anytime soon. Luckily I purchased one of the last EVBots before Nvidia went breathing down EVGA's neck and made them stop selling them or something like that but than again I heard rumors that they might come out with a new redesign but it has been a few years since than so idk.

Learn something new everyday, I did not even know of the EVBots existence, Thanks Jack!

Jack, do you know if you can control the GPU with a Raspberry Pi like you can the EPOWER?

Back