• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard vs card - what is your opinion of this article?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ALC1150 Codec and Supreme FX onboard audio are pretty solid. Unless you have high end cans or speakers, you would be hard pressed to hear a difference between that and a GOOD discrete card.

I can't imagine that you would be able to hear a difference in quality between YT vids either.

That article is from 2013 as well... Not sure it used the ALC1150 codec (in fact, I can't find what they used... that is a huge problem when trying to compare... good job techspot, LOL)

He specifies a youtube video as an example of his asus xonar being better than realtek onboard, but I can't hear much difference, and you guys have always told me that onboard is pretty decent these days: http://www.techspot.com/article/751-should-you-buy-a-sound-card/

I can't imagine that you would be able to hear a difference in quality between YT vids either.

A audio review where the audio is played back on Youtube, will first suffer from poor compression meant for streaming, and second, then have to playback through your audio equipment to your ears. The audio will only be as good as your equipment.

Back