• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Won't Give Me WUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Golodkin

Registered
New install, flat won't assign WUs. Ran the included test WU, but that was all she wrote. Got credit on the site, but no more WUs will load by any method.

Here's the log.

Thoughts?

Perhaps you have been a bad boy? You are sure you have an internet connection that is working? ie: you tried firefox to get something from google?

I'd just let it run for a while. Sometimes glitches just rock the assignment servers and cause problems like this.

You can always check what server you are receiving assignments from and then check Stanford to see if it is active and pingable.

The CPU slot is folding on 6 threads/cores
Code:
22:28:29:Enabled folding slot 00: READY cpu:6
22:28:30:WU02:FS00:0xa4:Project: 9028 (Run 341, Clone 5, Gen 63)
22:28:36:WU02:FS00:0xa4:Mapping NT from 6 to 6 
22:28:36:WU02:FS00:0xa4:Completed 0 out of 250000 steps  (0%)
22:30:32:WU02:FS00:0xa4:Completed 2500 out of 250000 steps  (1%)

The GPU slot is unable to get work. There is limited work available for pre-Fermi GPUs and special parameters are required. Not sure if there is any work available for a GT210. If upgrading the GPU is not an option, suggest you delete the GPU slot and edit the CPU slot to use all 8 cores.
Code:
22:28:29:Enabled folding slot 01: READY gpu:0:GT218 [GeForce 210]
22:28:31:WARNING:WU00:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '171.67.108.204:80': Empty work server assignment
22:28:31:ERROR:WU00:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

Also, need to add our team 32 to your configuration.
<team v='32'/>

HayesK said it far better than I could have. The log shows that you are hitting the assignment server but that there is no work to be had. That would indicate to me that the issue is more to do with the lack of work rather than any general issue with your hardware/software.

Yeah, the (or at least one) problem turned out to be that the video card was being rejected as too primitive, which was fine by me, as I had no intention of using it anyway -- but I had to manually disable it in Advanced. It seems to work fine, now...except that it still won't work via the web interface, which doesn't matter.

Yeah, kinda weird, I'd say. :-/

CPU at "Turbo" 4.0gHz at 100% usage is at rock-steady 43°C and solid indefinitely (KNOCK WOOD!).

FAH is currently having problems supplying SMP WUs. One of the servers is off line and its the major source of SMPs. It should be fixed in the next week or so, but don't hold your breath because that server has been down before.

Back