• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Premium Gaming Headset Showdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Many headphone and peripheral manufacturers today are creating headsets with gamers in mind. The higher-end gaming headsets tend to offer features such as simulated surround sound, wireless capabilities, equalizer profiles for different types of games, physical customization, improved comfort, and better sound than their more budget-friendly counterparts. In this article, I will be reviewing several different headsets from multiple companies: Logitech (G930), Sennheiser (G4ME One), SteelSeries (Siberia v3 Prism, Elite Prism, H Wireless), and Turtle Beach (Elite 800).

Click here to view the article.

They really are at a variety of price points.

Thanks to Logitech, Sennheiser, SteelSeries, and Turtle Beach for the review units!

Great roundup of some of the better headsets on the market :)
I can't imagine the time put into this review...

Thanks ATM, it definitely took me a lot longer to go through every headset and then go back through to have a comparison than I initially anticipated.

I hope that the information I laid out is helpful for anyone doing some research on headsets to see what is available.

Thanks ATM, it definitely took me a lot longer to go through every headset and then go back through to have a comparison than I initially anticipated.

I hope that the information I laid out is helpful for anyone doing some research on headsets to see what is available.
Very nice review Janus.

Always nice to see headset reviews as headsets are such a subjective thing it's good to hear different opinions on them.

I would expect the SteelSeries to be comfortable since I own a pair of their Siberia V2 and they feel pretty amazing. However I've been mostly disappointed with the microphones after hearing some friends use them, they sound pretty tinny and lifeless. I'm also wary of SS stuff now since I've had bad luck with their products in the past (V2 died after 1 month and the Rival rubber grip issue).

Personally without having tried any of the headsets in this review I'd be inclined to go for the Sennheisers because I used to own senny headphones and they sounded amazing.

Btw the prices on recent headsets are getting a bit silly imo for what they have to offer. Seriously for the price of half of the headsets reviewed here you can buy an Intel Core i5-6600K 6M Skylake Quad-Core...

Great reviews, it really shows you've tried all of these headphones extensively. This is the best page with gaming headset reviews, I'll probably pick Sennheiser Game One. For those who are looking for more reviews, I found these gaming headset reviews to be useful too, some different models. They only review wired headphones though, but that's what I'm looking for.

Job well done.

Great reviews, it really shows you've tried all of these headphones extensively. This is the best page with gaming headset reviews, I'll probably pick Sennheiser Game One. For those who are looking for more reviews, I found these gaming headset reviews to be useful too, some different models. They only review wired headphones though, but that's what I'm looking for.

Job well done.

First off, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, there are plenty to choose from out there :)

For under $100 the headsets I would recommend would be the HyperX Cloud or the Skullcandy SLYR and for the $100~ segment, the Sennheiser G4ME One/Zero or the AT ADG1, though the Sennheiser is better built as a whole in comparison to the Audio Technica set.

Janus's review echos my own thoughts on the reviewed headsets, so I'd say spot on, good job Janus.

That sobe, that means a lot from someone that really knows their audio equipment!

That sobe, that means a lot from someone that really knows their audio equipment!

I really like your review because it comes off as honest and unbiased, but the biggest thing to ME that is noteworthy, is that you took a good portion of headsets that are aimed at the general "gamer" consumer that are popular, and had them all in a singular review together. To me, that is the best kind of headSET review, because it gives a clear image and thought across the spectrum of brand and models vs. the one by one comparisons that offer no insight on the competition.

If I was a console gamer moving to PC and all I knew were gaming headsets, chances are I'd watch some youtube videos or twitch streams to see what people are using for headsets, and I'd be willing to bet I'd see a LOT of G930s and the various SteelSeries, so to have those, of which I would view as "most used" by a large majority of streamers not using a dedicated mic, is exceptional.

And of course, giving your unbiased impression on each product without invoking some "Head-Fi acronyms" is what I find MOST appealing. With a little publicity, I think articles like this is how you can steal the stage from other larger sites (not to say our other articles aren't good, but considering we don't generally review audio so much, and with such a large audience buying these brands, I feel it does extremely well).

Back