• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Predator 240 AIO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falconeddie

Registered
Does anybody know if AIO predator 240 will fit in top tray of Phanteks Evolv ATX case? I have heard some issues with mem space or its to close to CPU block.
I am using an Asus z170 deluxe MB with G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series RAM

Dimensions of the main radiator unit on Predator 240, with integrated pump and reservoir, are 295 x 133 x 68 mm.
Measure inside your case and see if this fits with your components.

Does anybody know if AIO predator 240 will fit in top tray of Phanteks Evolv ATX case? I have heard some issues with mem space or its to close to CPU block.
I am using an Asus z170 deluxe MB with G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series RAM

Yes it will fit.

Here's a picture of a customer with a Predator 360 in the top of an Evolv ATX.

500x1000px-LL-400c8303_IMG_0422.jpeg

That's even better than a 240!!

Yes and No

Based on picture it looks like they removed the rear exhaust fan in order to make it fit. Could cause issues during load, Don't get me wrong I love the large rad but its shame the case is too small for water cooling.
Had I know that probably would not have purchased this case.

Yes and No

Based on picture it looks like they removed the rear exhaust fan in order to make it fit. Could cause issues during load, Don't get me wrong I love the large rad but its shame the case is too small for water cooling.

If the radiator is exhaust, as it should be on top, how would removing the rear fan be an issue??

Yes and No

It won't affect temps in this configuration. Same is true for mounting a rad in the front of the case.

If the radiator is exhaust, as it should be on top, how would removing the rear fan be an issue??

Cause the 3 fans mounted on predator pull air into case. Need at lease one fan blowing warm air out of the case. I saw link where a guy in Europe removed the top tray and mounted about an inch higher. there room to screw it up higher but defeats the tray option.

Cause the 3 fans mounted on predator pull air into case. Need at lease one fan blowing warm air out of the case. I saw link where a guy in Europe removed the top tray and mounted about an inch higher. there room to screw it up higher but defeats the tray option.

Fans are attached with screws, it's literally 5 minutes to change between intake/exhaust.

Agree but in the instructions it says it will cause unit to fail and void warranty. Don't know why they said that but I really don't care am good mount it any way you want.

Agree but in the instructions it says it will cause unit to fail and void warranty. Don't know why they said that but I really don't care am good mount it any way you want.

Link please? I've seen nothing of the sort.

Out of the box, the fans are setup in pull configuration which means that the air will be exhausted out of the case. So if you keep the initial config, the single rear exhaust fan isn't necessary here.

The warranty won't be voided by switching fans from pull to push and even if you completely switch the fans for another brand, it's still fine.

Out of the box, the fans are setup in pull configuration which means that the air will be exhausted out of the case. So if you keep the initial config, the single rear exhaust fan isn't necessary here.

The warranty won't be voided by switching fans from pull to push and even if you completely switch the fans for another brand, it's still fine.

Thank you! This is exactly the response I was hoping we'd get from EK :thup:

Ek, Thanks for the clarification! Atminside sorry for my churn and bad advise. But at least now I know for sure that I can switch with out issue, Good stuff, take care

Hi EK Luc

Do you have more pictures of this customer bulld?

I am considering the same case (just with the Tempered Glass upgrade) with a 240 AIO and with the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Mb, but my issue/question is: On the picture it looks like the radiator is going over the ram blocks. I was considering getting these Avexir ROG Tesla RAMS. But they look soo big, Would these fit under the radiator or should I start looking for another RAMs /case?

The dimensions are:
142 x 63 x 9 mm

Hope you can help, thanks

Last edited:
Hi EK Luc

Do you have more pictures of this customer bulld?

I am considering the same case (just with the Tempered Glass upgrade) with a 240 AIO and with the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Mb, but my issue/question is: On the picture it looks like the radiator is going over the ram blocks. I was considering getting these Avexir ROG Tesla RAMS. But they look soo big, Would these fit under the radiator or should I start looking for another RAMs /case?

The dimensions are:
142 x 63 x 9 mm

Hope you can help, thanks

Hi,

Not much unfortunately but here's another one that might help.

426c0d68_IMG_0432.jpeg

He used standard height ram from the look of it.

Thanx for the pic, was considering getting an predator 360 with a pre filled predator gpu block in the future but was concerned with clearance issues even in an enthoo pro.
Do you have any plans to change the QDC connector to all black instead grey/white because it kinda sticks out pretty bad compared to everything else.

Thanx for the pic, was considering getting an predator 360 with a pre filled predator gpu block in the future but was concerned with clearance issues even in an enthoo pro.
Do you have any plans to change the QDC connector to all black instead grey/white because it kinda sticks out pretty bad compared to everything else.

We initially wanted to have an all black connector but the price difference to have one was to ridiculous. We would have has to buy an insane amount of connectors to have a more decent price per connector.

So i'm not sure we will have a black version of the connector.

Back