• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

have i just learned something?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
soooooooo, I'm recovering data from my 3 month old, high dollar mac.
have the drive hooked to my linux machine, all the files on the high dollar mac are all the same as my cheap linux rig.
have I just learned something that might have saved me a few grand????????????:facepalm:

soooooooo, I'm recovering data from my 3 month old, high dollar mac.
have the drive hooked to my linux machine, all the files on the high dollar mac are all the same as my cheap linux rig.
have I just learned something that might have saved me a few grand????????????:facepalm:

I know this is old but how the heck did you hose a drive on a Mac? Linux and the Mac OS do seem to work well together as far as sharing files and all sorts of stuff. Permissions can be a problem though.

well isnt mac os still unix based, i dont see why they wouldnt be an easier match then *nix to windows.

OS-X an beyond are all based on BSD actually. BSD and linux are essentially identical so yes for the most part easy peasy.

Back