• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum members do you think PC gaming is dying.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

I have for new games, crysis 3 BF4 and Need for Speed Rivals and it seems that Rivals is a port because it wont go any faster or slower than 30 FPS also it does not have a option to use a wheel and Pedals. It seems like game programmer's and code writers have had enough with the ever changing PC platform to make new and better games that you can really see the difference.

I just have seen a new game for the Playstation 4 only, on TV that looked like really stunning graphics. So do you think PC gaming is dying?

Last edited:
The Need for Speed series died several releases ago IMO. They gave up on providing any support to us (PC gamers) too.

this graph shows our segment getting smaller, or am i misreading it?

Attachments

• comp game.PNG
    comp game.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 210
It looks like the light grey bar (computer games) only takes physical copies sold. They have dumped Steam, Origin, GMG etc into the blue bars (other delivery formats)

:shrug:

this graph shows our segment getting smaller, or am i misreading it?

Steam doesn't reveal sales numbers, so unless another company relases the digital sales those are largely ignored when computing PC sales. Unsure if Origin/GMG/uPlay releases their info (but I doubt it, just like Steam)

Steam doesn't reveal sales numbers, so unless another company relases the digital sales those are largely ignored when computing PC sales. Unsure if Origin/GMG/uPlay releases their info (but I doubt it, just like Steam)
I Wonder what we know if there are no sale figures released.

Absolutely not, the landscape is changing, but pc gaming has probably been the one with least issues with sales with the exception being mobile gaming that seems to have taken over.

I Wonder what we know if there are no sale figures released.

It's possible that certain publishers release their sales (EA, Ubisoft, Warner Bros, etc). I'm just saying that Valve doesn't release sales figures themselves for the games that sell on Steam, so the numbers can be significantly different (seeing how it is the #1 digital retailer for pc games).

this question gets asked atleast once a year, and nope.

Back