• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are consoles looking as good as PC's now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found some newer games and they look equal on the consoles to PC. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 call of duty 3.jpg The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Witcher 3.jpg fallout 4 4.jpg

Last edited:
Did you say they look equal?! Sir, if you can't notice the details in the RDS, the suits the men in the foreground are wearing, and fire in the background on BO3, then you're blind. I don't believe for a second that hair looks like that in the PC version of Witcher 3, and that is a terrible example shot of Fallout 4. By the way, screen-shooting Youtube videos made by someone other than you, and claiming that they prove anything, in fact doesn't prove anything.

You aren't going to convince anyone here that a console can perform at the same level as PC, particularly our PCs. That's because they can't. Plain and simple. If you can't tell the difference, then buy a console, they're cheaper. I can, so I'll stick to PC.

Edit: I see an i5 system in your sig. You can throw a 970 in there and it'll perform better than all current consoles and cost less than either Xbox or Playstation. And if game developers start coding for 8 threads and you find your CPU is holding you back, find a 2600K and you're right back to outperforming again. Or upgrade the CPU and board to whatever's current and really blow consoles away.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion I just ordered a EVGA GTX 970 ssc for $290

Last edited:
I have looked at all three, pc is the way to go if graphics matter to you.
console for the number of games you can get.

Back