• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a decent 40in minimum 4k monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bossman150

I am looking for a 4k monitor/TV of at least 40in size. I have been using a 60hz Philips HD TV 40" for the last 5 years and I am looking to upgrade. I am not super picky, I mostly game no photo editing or anything. I am curious if it's worth spedning the extra $ for an actual monitor over a TV. If I could stick with a TV then it would not take as long for me to also upgrade to a 980 ti. Thoughts?

You are going to want a bit more horsepower than a single 980Ti. In a lot of titles, you will likely have to turn settings down. Check some reviews out of how a 980Ti performs in games at 4K before you jump in headfirst. :)

You are going to want a bit more horsepower than a single 980Ti. In a lot of titles, you will likely have to turn settings down. Check some reviews out of how a 980Ti performs in games at 4K before you jump in headfirst. :)

Yeah, understood. I am just not sure about running two cards, seems like there are a lot of headaches involved. I mostly play SWTOR right now so its not super graphics intensive.

Id look up reviews on monitors you like/can afford and go from there until someone with more expertise chimes in... :)

Read up on the HDCP 2.2 protection on the Seki to see if it will affect your setup.

Thanks, I think I have decided against the Seki. I decided I want to go with something a little nicer. I might go to a box store and see how I like the curved UHD TVs.

I am in the exact same market right now - 40" 4K TV. I've been researching and researching if I actually even need 4K and still haven decided yet.

But anyway, I have my eye on Samsung UN40JU6500. I think it's on sale for only around $650 in US.

When it comes to TV's I would only go with the big 4 - Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic. Although in my mind it is always only Samsung.

Back