• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ohh neat new EK dual D5 pumps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
While I can see why they moved to a cylindrical setup for their dual D5 top I think I still prefer the rectangular shape of their previous dual D5 top.

I have 2 D5s in Series in my trusty XSPC bay/res. martinliquidlabs did an article on single vs 2 D5 in series.

He also did a great write up on serial vs. parallel pump configuration. Serial being the winner of course.

Warning and Help Request:

I purchased this dual D5 pump from EK's site and received it this past weekend. Unfortunately, they come at the lowest RPM setting. As I tried to fill, bleed, and test my loop, the pump can barely move any water through the loop. I see on Reddit another guy having same issues for EK's D5 pump: Reddit Article Excerpt

I believe I need a PWM controller to get this going. According to this fairly recent discussion on fans and controllers, I need an Aquearo 6? Link to Post

Are there any other PWM controller solutions?

Thanks in advance!

What pumps exactly did you get with the res? D5 basic? D5 vario? D5 PWM?

Need that info please. And what is in your loop.

If you got the PWM ones, they run at 100% with no PWM signal.

And how are you testing the water flow rate?

What pumps exactly did you get with the res? D5 basic? D5 vario? D5 PWM?

Need that info please. And what is in your loop.

If you got the PWM ones, they run at 100% with no PWM signal.

And how are you testing the water flow rate?

These new EK dual D5 pumps are PWM.

Link to the EK Site for the Dual D5 Pump

I have a single D5 pump (Vario) for my other system. At its lowest setting it pushes water a heck of a lot faster. So I know from experience that this new dual D5 is not performing at 100%.

Flow rate? I can't even get the initial water to get past the CPU block.

My setup: EK XRes3 250 Reservoir hard linked to the Dual D5 Pumps (reservoir on top with link going directly down to the inlet - up/down) => 360 Radiator #1 => CPU Block => Graphics Cards x 2 => 360 Radiator #2 => Reservoir

As I mentioned in the original post, someone else also had the issue with an EK D5 PWM pump being set at default with low speed settings.

Hmm, I read more about the EK D5 vario. Yea, I'd email them to check on the RPM issue. Gonna have to get a PWM fan controller to get it bled. Don't need to buy an Aquaro, way complicated. There is a post in this forum about the issues.

Back