• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help understanding G.Skill F3-1866C9Q-32GZH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Because you haven't told the BIOS what your RAM settings are.

That said, does your motherboard support XMP?

I think that's a Intel thing isn't it?

"Intel Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) allows you to overclock RAM including compatible DDR3/DDR4 memory to perform beyond standard specifications."

When I bought it, the sales guy told me it did matter, or does it?

Could you please help me with telling my MB what RAM I have?

BIOS 2201

View attachment 171063

Attachments

• System Specs.JPG
    System Specs.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
just set the top rows to what is printed on the ram.
the top three 11's become 9's and the 28 becomes a 24.

CD, I tried the other day and it would not take the changes. I could not figure out why, I had done it with another set and it worked. After posting I searched U-Tube and found out what I had forgotten. I had to change the Ai Overclock Tuner to "Manual" and yes I feel a little..

Thanks for the reply!

RAM Tweakage.jpg

if you are going to use AI, at the first sign that your system seems unstable the first step is to uninstall all overclocking software.
we all use it when benching at extreme clocks but setting it all up via the bios tends to be a little more stable.

for right now those settings are all you need to set in this screen, other than command rate.
under the extreme tweaker menu set the ram speed to your 1866.
I set my dram voltage .05 higher than rated, yours is 1.50 so set it to 1.55.

Ok CD I have another question, do I input the whole 1.55 value or just the .05?

And is there another way to make changer to the auto setting without setting Ai to manual?

Dram-Voltage.JPG

highlight "dram voltage" by clicking on it and tap the + key on your keyboard till it reaches 1.55.

I think you have to leave AI suite out of the picture from this point forward.

as you scroll down the page in your bios, look at the upper right of the screen.
it gives you fairly usless, but some info about what is selected.

now go run super pi32m, three times from a fresh boot and write those times down.
then reduce dram ras# pretime1, in this case from 9 to 8 and then bench it again with super pi and compare.
do that with each of those three settings you set manually and you will know a little (a very little) about benching ram.

Ok, thank you for the info.

Super PI Single-threaded Benchmark:

Super PI is a single threaded benchmark that calculates pi to a specific number of digits. It uses the Gauss-Legendre algorithm and is a Windows port of a program used by Yasumasa Kanada in 1995 to compute pi to 232 digits.

Filename: SuperPI190.zip
Size: 988 KB
Type: Compressed (zipped) Folder
Release Date: 08-Jul-2013
Downloaded: 524010 times
Download Frequency: 611/day

Got it, I'm going to give it a try.

You didn't state at what magnitude/sample I should bench at i.e. 16M..?

At what point do you stop reducing DRAM RAS# Pertime1?
Will the time (sec) start going back up rather than going down?

I like to use 32m, use what you like or can stand to sit through.
times may increase, you might get a bsod or a no boot, with every bsod comes a little corruption so after so many bsod's i go to a fresh os image.
be sure to have a back up image of your operating system, memory clocking will corrupt your os.
the better idea is not to bench with your 24/7 image, use some cheap ssd's and clone an image to them and risk those.
do you know how to reset the mother board cmos? do you know how to reset your bios to default?
these are things you really need to know, when the rig won't boot your on your own, it's hard for us to rescue from thousands of miles away.

The better idea is not to bench with your 24/7 image, use some cheap ssd's and clone an image to them and risk those.Use some cheap ssd's and clone an image to them and risk those.

I agree, and I have a couple laying around to chose from I can use for this. I use Acronis for managing my system images already.

Do you know how to reset the mother board cmos? do you know how to reset your bios to default?.

Yep, BTDT2MT :)

These are things you really need to know, when the rig won't boot your on your own, it's hard for us to rescue from thousands of miles away.

Again I agree and I think you have brought up a good point. I will not be doing this until I finish the first round of system benchmarking I've already started. After this first round I will be taking the system apart to reconfigure it for another round of system benchmarking. It will be than I will see about fine tuning my RAM.

good man, sorry to ask the stupid questions, from our end we don't know your skill level.

It's all good, there are no stupid questions in my book👍 I've been building systems since the 8088, never been much into tweaking the higher levels of the BIOS like can be done on these boards but am eager to learn. This might be a little telling but I used to be a Colbalt/Asembler/RPGII programmer.

Back