• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get panel mount connectors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProgramGuy

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get several panel mounts that will go through 1/4" acrylic. Has anyone had any experience with this? I would like to use compression fittings on both ends.

Thanks in advance,

William

Are you attempting to mount fittings directly to the acrylic? To what purpose? If you are trying to perform a pass-through that will involve a different solution than a mount. A mount would involve using a Union, a pass-through would use a bushing.

Are you attempting to mount fittings directly to the acrylic? To what purpose? If you are trying to perform a pass-through that will involve a different solution than a mount. A mount would involve using a Union, a pass-through would use a bushing.

I'm looking to have a pass-through.

Considering that you're wanting to pass-through 1/4" acrylic you'll want a mountable fitting, something like this.

1/4" NPT is not the same as G1/4.

I linked two products in my previous post that will work for ProgramGuy's needs.

Considering that you're wanting to pass-through 1/4" acrylic you'll want a mountable fitting, something like this.

This one isn't very pretty... :) I would like to try to find one from Bitspower like their "true brass" if they have the depth to go thru the 1/4" acrylic and give me plenty to screw it together. Is there any other names that this connector goes by?

This one will work rather nicely... right now I'm torn between getting a chrome/silver one and trying to get a "true brass" version of this from Bitspower.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my fundamental problem... getting enough thread length to go thru the acrylic and enough left over to put the screw on.

Back