• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Personal Acx 2.0 review and rant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

yesterday I revieved my acx 2.0 cooler for the titan x . I before installing it had an arctric xtreme iv with some small heatsinks along the front for extra vrm cooling.
installing it was very easy and convenient. the screws fit in nicely and it comes with plenty of screws ( more than you actually need ) . a front plate with pads on it as well as a backplate with pads .
onto performance. I went from 65c under full load to 84c at an audible fan profile. once you begin ramping up fan speed beyond 40 % it becomes unbearable. my arctric cooler could never be heard unless you run it at 100 % which I never do.
it does look slick which I appreciate but evga really needs to work on innovating their coolers . this thing at 50 % fan speed sounds no different than the stock cooler at 60 % fan. not good evga .

Moved to Cooling (from Extreme Cooling).

Going to an EVGA cooler from an Arctic one was pretty much bound to give you worse results on the GPU, but does have the benefit of cooling the VRM/RAM. I'd go back to what you had, personally, but keep the backplate if you can. That should help the RAM on the back of the card. Best of both worlds. :)

Moved to Cooling (from Extreme Cooling).

Going to an EVGA cooler from an Arctic one was pretty much bound to give you worse results on the GPU, but does have the benefit of cooling the VRM/RAM. I'd go back to what you had, personally, but keep the backplate if you can. That should help the RAM on the back of the card. Best of both worlds. :)

interesting because I actually made an attempt of using the arctric cooler for the gpu core. while keeping the evga front and back plate. didn't work. tried the front plate alone . gpu hit 90c . the evga front plate actually blocks the arctric copper from touching the chip . so I put the arctric cooler back

Isn't the Arctic supposed to come with thermal pads/passive coolers for the mem ? I was planning on getting one (or the Hybrid III-140) for my Strix 980 Ti but no one will give me definite answer if it will fit/work properly.

http://www.arctic.ac/uk_en/accelero-xtreme-iv.html

Yeah the arctric comes with a backplate heatsink . a massive one . and pads that you have to put at the back of the pcb where the vrm and vram is

Back