• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My PC just died after 5 years of service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spring21

So, basically my lovley PC was being turned on all the time for over almost 6 years. It was a great friend he never freeze or bug, he was perfect. Dozens of different OS, Streaming, Gaming it handled everything. It seems to be an issue with power supply which make scary noises like electro shocker, but even if so motherboard could be dead as well. So here i'm left with ubuntu laptop and ipad. I guess i'm going to take a break for windows and gaming.:rain:

What're the components of that system? I'd bet that a quality 400w PSU would run it, and they can be had for less than $50. So, for less than the cost of Fallout 4, you can be back to gaming again, just saying.

However, I don't know what that PSU needs to power, so I can't guarantee my statement until I do.

GA-P55-USB3 MB, Core i5 (like the old one), Radeon HD 6850, 1xHDD 1xSSD That's basically it.
Dead PSU was like 600W but i had it just in case i upgrade or add more hardware.

GA-P55-USB3 MB, Core i5 (like the old one), Radeon HD 6850, 1xHDD 1xSSD That's basically it.
Dead PSU was like 600W but i had it just in case i upgrade or add more hardware.

Sounds like a fake 600W PSU. (random crap brand)

Back