• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much Radiator to Cool RAM and MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eddie Current

If you were to dedicate one loop to cool your RAM (4 sticks OC'd/tuned) and MB (Full) what size tubing and how big of Rad. would you estimate?

Last edited:
Dont do it. It is not worth it at all. No performance gains, just looks cool. If that is why you want to get it... have at it, just do not expect performance gains.

Dont do it. It is not worth it at all. No performance gains, just looks cool. If that is why you want to get it... have at it, just do not expect performance gains.

This right here.

And in fact could add additional restriction to your loop that is unneeded.

I'm talking about a separate loop.

I'm already cooling the MB, I already have 4 RAM-33 coolers (bought a while back on sale) and when I'm done (Config. No. 3) I will end up with an extra EK-120 rad and a DDC pump/Res combo. A few fitting and hose and I'm there.

ram-33_p1-700x700.jpg

It might be worth running those ram blocks in parallel to help reduce the restriction.

ram and motherboard blocks are worth nothing, just get a 120x1 rad, how you configure it is all in how you want it to look, so just make it look pretty to you.

wc ram is jsut for looks only but wc the motherboard that is handy to have:) But yet a simple 120mm radiator is more than enough

Handy.... maybe if you have a AMD motherboard that roasts the VRMs... otherwise, its just like ram... for looks.

Back