• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Folks, I'm not going to lie, I was pretty excited to get my hands on ASUS' flagship Z170 board, the Maximus VIII Extreme (M8E as I will call it moving forward), to test it out to see what it will do. I never had the pleasure to work on one before, believe it or not! I've worked with other boards in its class however, so it will be nice to see how this feels in my hands versus the other boards. As is the case with past versions of this board, it comes chock-full of all the features the latest chipset offers including USB3.1 Gen2 (inc. Type-C), M.2 slot, DDR4 support and a slew of others you will see, and we will discuss just a few flicks of the webwheel down the article. The M8E promises to provide both the extreme overclocker and the enthusiast gamer with everything they need to beat world records under sub-ambient cooling, or game with the best of them. It is now time to get comfy in your favorite chair and see what this board can do!

Click here to view the article.

Back