• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob with a 79.6% ASIC EVGA 980 Ti FTW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So to my original question in post 34 the answer is yes ? but seemingly wont get any more mhz unless i use subzero ? 1414mhz stock - 1443mhz with +25v - ~1480mhz stable before artefacts with default DCIII cooler. ASIC 77.3%.

Last edited:
I'm sure water would help some but the colder it is the better it reacts. Still at some point will need lot of power too. But at that point you're not gaming any longer.
So like I said and part of the reason I posted that pic. Get the card as close to 1500 with boost as you can and stop. The rest is an uphill battle and these cards really don't need the help in most situations.

Look at the picture ?
The GPUz picture wasn't there when I posted... ;)

GPU Clock = Base clock... stock clocks with no 3D load.
Boost Clock = MINIMUM BOOST clock (assuming temp/TDP isn't breached). There are many boost bins well above the boost value listed.

As far as the lower and upper... one is stock and remains static (the lower) and one is dynamic (changes as you set the clocks in say MSI AB). But you can boost over that value (and it usually happens). Assuming that is what you meant by lower and higher....:confused:

EDIT: To answer your question in post #34, Johan took care of that. Temps usually are not the issue with non BIOS modded cards. :)

Last edited:
GPU Clock = Base clock... stock clocks with no 3D load.
Boost Clock = MINIMUM BOOST clock (assuming temp/TDP isn't breached). There are many boost bins well above the boost value listed.

As far as the lower and upper... one is stock and remains static (the lower) and one is dynamic (changes as you set the clocks in say MSI AB). But you can boost over that value (and it usually happens). Assuming that is what you meant by lower and higher....:confused:

Yep

gg.jpg

so proud of my baby

Hope I don't get jinxed :)

I find it really interesting that almost every components these days are unbelievably funky, I'm glad the GPU is actually able to handle it, so far the mobo/CPU/RAM has challenged me beyond imagination

Edit: The spec is 1291, but it does 1415 on it's own, so no need for OC'ing

I'm sure that GPU will do you just fine for a long while :thup:

Back