• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cryorig H5A Universal Second fan install question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

I feel like I'm doing something wrong, because the included clips do not fit though the fan holes of an extra 140mm fan I have laying around. Could someone link me to a second fan install guide, because I have googled it and only came up with the heatsink install guides, and as far as I can tell, there isn't any mention on their installation guide that came with it. I would very much like not to use a dremel to make a notch for the clips to fit into.

By the looks of it, the original fan seems to be of slimmer model and not like a normal 140mm fan. Also the original fan is octagonal and not a normal square. Another thing is the original fan has notches where the fan clips go. Unless you can order an identical replacement fan, there is really no other way to mount a regular 140mm fan aside from using a dremel and mod it.

Another thing to consider is the 2nd fan has to be of the same CFM in order to utilize the push/pull config you're after.

http://www.eteknix.com/cryorig-h5-universal-cpu-cooler-review/

In that link Nebulous it says the 140 mm fan it comes withit 140 mm X 140 mm X 13mm so you're correct, it is thinner then a standard 25mm fan.
Capture.PNG

Correct, its thinner. I'm talking about the second fan which the clips are for a standard sized fan.

I was hoping to avoid buying another fan, as I have one here laying around. I couldn't figure out how to mount it on the fan, nevermind the heatsink. It said any 140mm fan should be supported. I guess this isn't the case though. Figures.

Ah

The friggen clips are designed for 140 mm fans with 120mm fan mounting holes. -.- Could probably use a 120mm no problem then.

Their fan

Last edited:
Instead of playing the guessing game, just grab the 2nd fan from the egg and be done. You're going to ghetto rig a 120mm fan that's different than the original which will hinder the sink's cooling performance.

Back