• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ng Q9400 in asrock G41M-GS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rovelle26

First here are my specs:

Intel Q9400 @2.66 GHz
ASRock G41M-GS3 P1.30
4GB ram Dual 1333
DeepCool Ice blade pro v2

Hello guys, i managed to overclock my cpu to 2.8 GHz without touching anything except the cpu freq. to 350 (350 x 8 = 2800).

cpu.png

But when i tried to raise the cpu freq. to 351+ my pc wont bootup. I wonder what to do with it. Btw i want to get atleast 3.0 GHz on my cpu. Thanks in advance :)

Also, im new here and still new to overclocking :)

0x0124 is typically a lack of vcore when overclocking.

That said, did you read the overclocking guide? I am guessing that when you raised the FSB, that your memory is also overclocked and that may be the issue.

Please post a screenshot of the Memory and SPD tabs with your memory showing in it of CPUz...

Does Prime95 blend fail with a bus/interconnect error? BSOD code will be : 0x00000124

I ddnt use prime95 and to be honest i have no idea on BSOD code is :(

just this, after saving and restarting my new config on bios which is (350+ x 8) on the cpu frq. the pc have power but no display

0x0124 is typically a lack of vcore when overclocking.

That said, did you read the overclocking guide? I am guessing that when you raised the FSB, that your memory is also overclocked and that may be the issue.

Please post a screenshot of the Memory and SPD tabs with your memory showing in it of CPUz...

mem.png spd.png

i hope these would help

Take a look at the guide to help you get an idea of what you are changing and what it affects: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...lock-C2Q-(Quads)-and-C2D-(Duals)-A-Guide-v1-1

See how your ram is rated for 666 @ 9-9-9-24 timings? Notice how in the Memory tab your are running at 700Mhz 9-9-9-24? Your memory is overclocked which may be causing instability. You can do a couple of things...

1. Raise memory voltage from 1.5 to say 1.55v.
2. Lower the memory multiplier to as low as it will go (I think it is may be at the lowest already, not sure - its been a while since I was on that platform)
3. See if your board hit a FSB wall. You have a G41 board, so its not exactly good for overclocking. In order to isolate the FSB, lower the CPU multiplier down a few notches and raise the FSB up.

All of this information is in the guide too. :)

Take a look at the guide to help you get an idea of what you are changing and what it affects: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...lock-C2Q-(Quads)-and-C2D-(Duals)-A-Guide-v1-1

See how your ram is rated for 666 @ 9-9-9-24 timings? Notice how in the Memory tab your are running at 700Mhz 9-9-9-24? Your memory is overclocked which may be causing instability. You can do a couple of things...

1. Raise memory voltage from 1.5 to say 1.55v.
2. Lower the memory multiplier to as low as it will go (I think it is may be at the lowest already, not sure - its been a while since I was on that platform)
3. See if your board hit a FSB wall. You have a G41 board, so its not exactly good for overclocking. In order to isolate the FSB, lower the CPU multiplier down a few notches and raise the FSB up.

All of this information is in the guide too. :)

thanks for the help, i read the tutorial, a bit confusing to me since my board doesnt have features like the sample one on the tutorial.

i tried increasing the cpu upto 400 and adding +volts on the cpu, dram, nb, sb, vtt. about the dram timings i used 9-9-9-24. i dont know the problem here

btw, here's a pic of my bios look like

12283270_1061728047225399_2140883343_n.jpg

Back