• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Excel question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

Any way to display this gradient colour and data bar in the same cell?

DSC_2179.JPG

Yes it has to be excel... to be built into a percentage progress worksheet.
searching the tinterwebz has turned up no suggestion.

I get brownie points if I can find out for the lady :thup:

As a colour coded data bar I mean... not overlaid :)

:O see your point... That looks like three or four days butt scratching material.

Think I'll start by printing that code off on the laser then if it ever makes sense I'll post a working version back here.

Think I'll avoid it for now and go pick up chunks of fence from the neighbours yard... Any luck they'll be a plane engine amongst it. Worth a few quid. :D

Well done that man Edog... I seriously doubted it could be done at all :D
Yeah, that's why he's a guru moderator :salute:

Update:

DSC_2184.JPG

Couldn't get the module to work so I came up with this instead :shrug:

Last edited:
Like this?

Excel.jpg

I did this in Excel 2010:

1. Select Cell
2. Home --> Conditional Formatting
3. New Rule --> Gradient Color Scaling

Excel2.jpg

4. New Rule --> Data Bar

Excel3.jpg

Cheers Jrclocker.
I'd got their in the end but your little guide and pics wraps the question up nice :thup:

OCF has done it's part for automotive industry ;)

Automotive industry? Bobby, you can only use this spreadsheet in the cosmetics industry. You'll have to contact Yugo for their version. Sorry.:-/

You'd be surprised what you can do in Excel.

My largest spreadsheet is 75 MB...hehe.

Need a database? No problem...use pivot tables.

Need to do a quick Fourier Analysis...no problem!

A LONG time ago...when I was a greenie engineer...all of the fancy engineering software was like a billion dollars...Excel just happened to be there on my PC...so I taught myself how to do just about everything with it.

** Public Service Advisory: Any time you see a solution with Excel that requires you to write some sort of VBA code...there is almost always an easier way to do it.

Back