• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus utility cd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilentTip

Ummm not sure where to post this so I guess I will just ask here .... I picked up the asus VIII hero board a few days ago .... put the new system together and when I tired to load up the drivers from the cd , it wont read it. I tried a different cd and it works just fine ..... I cant use my thumb drive because I need the updated drivers for it to work properly . Any thing else I can do to get the drivers?

Ummm not sure where to post this so I guess I will just ask here .... I picked up the asus VIII hero board a few days ago .... put the new system together and when I tired to load up the drivers from the cd , it wont read it. I tried a different cd and it works just fine ..... I cant use my thumb drive because I need the updated drivers for it to work properly . Any thing else I can do to get the drivers?
Do you have access to another Pc? I'm assuming you do not have an internet connection as well on the new setup, due to no installed Lan drivers.

Do you have access to another Pc? I'm assuming you do not have an internet connection as well on the new setup, due to no installed Lan drivers.

No I don't have access to another pc :( ..... this is a stupid problem to have lol .

Is the Disk scratched or marked up in any way? Have you tried wiping it off to see if it will help. Try calling Asus maybe they'll send you a new disk.

The disk looks good no scratches or anything on it. I did call asus tech support and they told me to either go to a library and use there computer to log into asus site and get the drivers and burn a cd . They wont send me another copy of the utility disk.

USB stick at a friends house? USB stick at work? School?

And check which USB ports you are using. The board does have some Intel USB 2.0 ports, which the OS (Windows?) would have generic drivers installed for.

Oddly enough, I had basic internet drivers included with my Asrock board. Not sure if that's supposed to be a thing, but I'm not complaining.

Worst case, a 16 gig USB 2.0 flash drive is super cheap these days, so you can go buy one if you don't have one laying around.

Do you need 16? Not really. But when the difference between a 1 gig and a 16 gig is only $5, I don't see an issue. Its super handy to have around. You'll get your money's worth.

Back