• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Three day old WC loop, "dirt" in Res!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The stuffs color is dark grey, swiped some of it out with a que-tip from the bottom of the res to check. Also it seems to not increase in amount anymore.

I found a drug store that sells distilled water here btw, a tad expensive though at $3 for 0,5 litres.
What i haven't found is a place that sells phn nuke or simillar biocide, will have to order online.

don't need a vid, chuck a piece of chromed metal in the 3% household stuff and and let it set a month, the 90% stuff I use is much faster.
we use it at the shop, cars come with stuff chromed and people will want it painted and some like the copper under the chrome.

chrome plating is really nickle plating, the chrome is a clear top coat like the clearcoat on your car paint, household bleach will do a better job around the house but it's a little harder to dispose of.

Last edited:
The stuffs color is dark grey, swiped some of it out with a que-tip from the bottom of the res to check. Also it seems to not increase in amount anymore.

I found a drug store that sells distilled water here btw, a tad expensive though at $3 for 0,5 litres.
What i haven't found is a place that sells phn nuke or simillar biocide, will have to order online.

Can you get deionized or know of a place with a good Reverse Osmosis setup?

That is pretty pricey. Glad you found some though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh cleaning the res.... Fill 1/4 way with uncooked rice, fill with water 3/4 of the way and a bit of dishsoap. Shake like crazy for a minute or two, rinse.

Can you get deionized or know of a place with a good Reverse Osmosis setup?

That is pretty pricey. Glad you found some though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh cleaning the res.... Fill 1/4 way with uncooked rice, fill with water 3/4 of the way and a bit of dishsoap. Shake like crazy for a minute or two, rinse.

Rice? :)
Good tip didn't think of using rice (or maybe bulgur, smaller and round?) to clean it.
Was planning to take it apart and clean with isopropyl and new toothbrush.

Last edited:
Back