• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Full copy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

I have a couple machines that have Win7 and I was thinking of upgrading to Win10 but before I upgrade is there any way I could make a Win 10 full install disc with key off the upgrade ???

Thanks

I have a couple machines that have Win7 and I was thinking of upgrading to Win10 but before I upgrade is there any way I could make a Win 10 full install disc with key off the upgrade ???

Thanks

You have to do the upgrade first. Once you do the upgrade, then you can do a fresh install. W10 will not take your W7 key.

The new version that came out in the last week or two will allow you to install using a Win7, 8, or 8.1 key without doing an upgrade first.

The new version that came out in the last week or two will allow you to install using a Win7, 8, or 8.1 key without doing an upgrade first.
Do you have a link for the new version? This could come in handy.

Yea these new builds reset custom settings sometimes don;t they.
It ranged from a complete reset of everything on my Windows Insider Windows 10 to a partial reset on a regular laptop Windows 10 upgrade, which was then updated to a new build...

It's not cool if you spend a lot of time customizing your Windows 10...

In time, I suppose I will find out which settings get reset, and which not with each consecutive new build... but that is a hassle that only happened once on Windows 8 - when Windows 8.0 was upgraded to Windows 8.1 - it was like a new OS install, all customizations were gone...

W10 will not take your W7 key.

This is no longer the case.

I just updated my parents pc to windows 10, and I used my Windows 10 install thumb drive(usb 3.0) to get it up and running, skipped the product key initially, did all the updates for windows update, and was able to register the windows 7 pro key as a Windows 10 key. It requires the latest revision of Windows 10 to work, and the installation media of course.

Last edited:
Back