• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with 4930k/rivebe setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Not sure if many of you saw my thread in the general section but could use your help with getting my system dialed in (rivebe, 4930k, 2300pis). Here's a link to the thread.

Thanks!

Hit me up with a pm on issues. I've had several MIVE boards From Formula ( still have ) to a black and several Std. Extremes. I'm on a little hiatus, but slowly stoking the fire again.

Hit me up with a pm on issues. I've had several MIVE boards From Formula ( still have ) to a black and several Std. Extremes. I'm on a little hiatus, but slowly stoking the fire again.

Heya Rod! Happy 2016 man! If'n you feel like taking a look at my current settings (in my main request for help thread) and giving thoughts/ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

Unfortunately I killed that chip but have another one that's slightly faster. Trying to finish up with the g3258/z97ocf but then will be shifting back to rivbe/faster 4930k before moving on to skylake.

Heya Rod! Happy 2016 man! If'n you feel like taking a look at my current settings (in my main request for help thread) and giving thoughts/ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

Unfortunately I killed that chip but have another one that's slightly faster. Trying to finish up with the g3258/z97ocf but then will be shifting back to rivbe/faster 4930k before moving on to skylake.
Try lowering cpu pll to 1.65v-1.72v. Also set termination voltage manually to 1.45v Different chips respond to pll differently and the termination voltage recommendation is one that is a popular setting. I've used both with success.
Let me know you make out.

Thanks man!!! :)

putting my post in to the 'general' (public thread)...sorry for the double post.

Thanks Manny! Finally starting to figure out this cpu. Going to have to go at wprimes, geekbench and others again.

Thanks Manny! Finally starting to figure out this cpu. Going to have to go at wprimes, geekbench and others again.

planning to go for 7GHz+ when you figure it out ? ;)

I guess it won't help in better score but I think your board was dropping 1 memory channel at these memory settings ... and you still made #1 :cheers:

Back