• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the H100i GTX handle my CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys, I was wondering if the Corsair H100i GTX handle my CPU? I have Noctua NH-D15 but is blocking my PCIe slot for my graphic card plus I am unable to use my USB3.0 Header due to the card being over it. Finally, I can't do CF due to the fact the cards are not were they should be. My motherboard is a EVGA X99 Macro. I know I can get the Corsair 110i GTX but curious if the H100i GTX can do a decent job. My chip is OCed to 4.5Ghz at the moment with 1.286v.

It will probably perform right about where your NH-D15 does, maybe a C or two better if you run at the (quite loud) high profile.

I run the same chip at a 4.3 GHz overclock at 1.200 V with a H110i GTX, and my temps stay around 69 °C.

I picked the 280 mm versus 240 mm as larger radiator is always better...and the price difference between the 2 is only about $20 or so. Larger radiator means lower fans speeds for same temperature.

I run the same chip at a 4.3 GHz overclock at 1.200 V with a H110i GTX, and my temps stay around 69 °C.

I picked the 280 mm versus 240 mm as larger radiator is always better...and the price difference between the 2 is only about $20 or so. Larger radiator means lower fans speeds for same temperature.

Oh nice, I am hoping I can keep about the same performance as mine cooler with the H100i GTX, but would love to also grab a H110i GTX if the price is right or if I sell off my Noctua NH-D15 I can then cover the difference.

It will probably perform right about where your NH-D15 does, maybe a C or two better if you run at the (quite loud) high profile.

This.
You'll pick up 1-2°C, but also gain about 10dBa.

If you still want it quiet just keep the NH-D15 and be happy.

With the H110i GTX fans running below 2000 RPM, the fans on my laptop that is sitting 5 feet away are louder.

I replaced these fans with Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM. As long as I keep these under 1500 RPM I can barely hear them (my keyboard typing is louder).

And that keeps my temps below 70 °C.

Is this eVGA X99 Micro2 what you have? I looked at this and I can't understand why someone would make a MB with the PCI-e slot so close to the CPU socket that you can't put a big air cooler on it. From the looks of it, it forces you to use water cooling.

Is this eVGA X99 Micro2 what you have? I looked at this and I can't understand why someone would make a MB with the PCI-e slot so close to the CPU socket that you can't put a big air cooler on it. From the looks of it, it forces you to use water cooling.
This is version 1 which I believe is the same as version 2, but I could be wrong and yes that was my thought exactly from what you're saying.

I should cool down my CPU with this baby here.

View attachment 171604

This is probably a downgrade from your cooler, and it's definitely going to be louder. I have the h110i gt, all I can say is replace the stock fans. They wine and click when changing rpm's, and at 2000 rpms are louder than the noctua's I replaced them with. I keep them under 1200 rpm's while working on pro tools sessions. I doubt there's much of a performance difference between the 100i and the 110i, except you may be able to run a little quieter with the 110i. IDK though. I also dont think corsair aio's are anything special. You're buying a name, and could get something comparable for a lower price.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Cryorig R1 Ultimate Dimensions: 142.4 x 140 x 168.3 mm versus the Noctua NH-D15 Dimensions: 150x 161 x 165 mm. It seem the R1 is smaller but taller and curious if that will still get in the way of the PCIe slot.

You'll have to measure and see... or look at pictures of the cooler mounted to a board and see if it covers the first slot.

You'll have to measure and see... or look at pictures of the cooler mounted to a board and see if it covers the first slot.

Yea true, This is one of the only article I have come across late tonight and it is hard to know if it will block it or not. http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/cryorig_r1_ultimate_review.html

I plan to read it fully tomorrow and contrinue to look for some evidence if it will block it or not. I do like that CPU cooler though it will go perfect with my setup too. :) At the worse case I can stick with air cooling and the Noctua, I will not be able to CF until I can fix my first PCIe slot issue.

You could always ask ehume about it

I did ask him but he was not sure he told me to ask Cyrorig which I had e-mail them about two or three days ago. Well they reply today and said that most big coolers will have issues with the EVGA X99 platform motherboards which they will end up blocking the first PCIe slot. So I can keep my setup this way or get a close loop cooler. I guess for now I may just leave it like this until I can figure out which route I am going to take.

Back