• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get stable @ 4.7ghz, FX-8320e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WHAT? I like big clocks, I like big voltage in everything I do with these things.
My little apu in this rig is rattling and humming along at 4.8 just to web surf........... why? because I CAN!!!!!

Want thoughts for what high HT does? Well it takes advantage for a larger bandwidth to help produce better numbers in benchmarking and also aids in use of multiple graphics processing units.

Just as I thought, its beneficial for gaming...lol.. :)

Although I do notice that your running single channel ram & 2000 on NB but 3700 for HT, can you get NB higher than 2000? like around or at 2600 whilst HT is still at that value?

Last edited:
Just as I thought, its beneficial for gaming...lol.. :)

Although I do notice that your running single channel ram & 2000 on NB but 3700 for HT, can you get NB higher than 2000? like around or at 2600 whilst HT is still at that value?

Yes I could run NB higher. But at the time I was concentrating on HT clocks more over anything else. It just so happens that the board forces single channel beyond a certain HT speed. reason is unknown. I should check ganged mode and see what the deal is there because it did not catch my eye.

Not that anything really matters much over here. I haven't actually gamed in weeks now. Been working on various other home projects mean while setting some overclocks and testing.

Perhaps when I have a few minutes I'll evaluate overclock and bump NB meanwhile get RAM back in dual channel mode.

Here's where i stand right now. This is stable. Will post an IBT screenshot momentarily. 4.5ghz idle.png

Here it is under load:

4.56ghz Load.png

that's sweet!
hold it. I just cleaned my glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

let's raise the cpu milti .5 and add two clicks of vcore and try it again.
you might have to add even more vcore than that.

that's sweet!

- - - Updated - - -

Aint it unwise to run the vcore much higher than this?

that's sweet!

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's safe to say I've found the maximum for my particular setup :cool:

4.71ghz Load p95.png

How realiable are those voltages really? I read somewhere that HWMonitor and the like do not necessarily even get the changes in voltage correct. Has anyone here made their own measurements?

How realiable are those voltages really? I read somewhere that HWMonitor and the like do not necessarily even get the changes in voltage correct. Has anyone here made their own measurements?
It's the standard that everyone uses.
While I agree that a DMM is more accurate, not all have one, and the one's that have one may not have the skills to find the read points on the board if they wanted to.

correct Mr.Scott, we are all also used to reading it, it's free, it's easy to use and read, and it's good enough.

Can anything interfere with hwmonitor? Say corsair link, Asus AI suite or speedfan? What about running hwmonitor, AI suite, and corsair link at the same time? I'm getting some funky readings from time to time.

Back