• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get stable @ 4.7ghz, FX-8320e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's still very impressive, and I'm jealous. What voltage do you need for that HT frequency?

I use a lot of voltage.

Tell me what the benefit of running the HT link that high is please.

That's for me to know and you to wish to find out!

Edit, this is bios posted, not software..... Not that there is any software that would change HT frequency.

I use a lot of voltage.

That's for me to know and you to wish to find out!

Edit, this is bios posted, not software..... Not that there is any software that would change HT frequency.

I've been waiting for you to come back with some well thought out knowledge bomb of a post , that would blow my mind into an upward spiral of epiphany. Just another Thanksgiving let down :(

Increase Clocks = Increase heat. No increased voltage. Minimal overclock Cpu. Room temp difference actually cooler now than earlier today running 67f atm.

3700mhz HT NP III temps.png

- - - Updated - - -

I've been waiting for you to come back with some well thought out knowledge bomb of a post , that would blow my mind into an upward spiral of epiphany. Just another Thanksgiving let down :(

Awe. Some secrets, perhaps to be withheld. Some to let go? = I shall give a voltage number concerning HT frequency.

1.41250v = NB/HT

Want thoughts for what high HT does? Well it takes advantage for a larger bandwidth to help produce better numbers in benchmarking and also aids in use of multiple graphics processing units.

Notice what happens when using recommended Pstate voltage of 1.5250v. This is Cpu v-core on auto LLC on Ultra High.

250 Bus, back the unnecessarily high HT frequency down a little to satisfy the noted "un-needingness" of such clocks. It's fun to brag though.....

5ghz rec pstate vcore.png

Not going to lie I skimmed this thread after the first few posts, and I will reiterate that what Im about to say does not reflect a recommendation nor is it the community norm, but if your afraid of 1.6V on a BD/PD architecture chip and are still craving more speed you need to take the kid gloves off and tell your hardware what you actually want it to do. Im not here to argue what various speeds will have what advantages as IMO that is left up to the individual user, but I saw alot of senseless bickering about what frequencies are worth pushing, and if you ask me they are all worth pushing if you feel that there is a benefit to doing so, but dont come crying to me if it doesn't work out how you thought it would.

Now I will say that far to many people are way to complacent about temps and voltages on these chips. Trust me when I say they will take alot more than you wish to accept they can. If you doubt that I know what im talking about look through some of the links in my sig or my results on the bot.

Mr. Wizard.... While recognizing what temps are "safe" and what I know what temps are actual thresholds, CPU/SOCKET temp is not reflective of actual processor stability based on knowledge that the cpu is not voltage limited. While Cpu temp is not a direct reflective of what the actual processor may be capable of, results always vary.

If we where to solely argue a temperature threshold of 85c on die processor core temp, we could agree 85c is actual TJMax.

Now we can then turn concern to a motherboard reading wich may or may not reflect Cpu stability as it would perhaps motherboard stability. Knowing the difference between where the temps are read from and actual meaning behind them is to determine what PCB and copper can handle.

So lets say PCB is compared to 22 gauge wire. You wouldn't want to run more than 42 amps as that wire would reach a boiling point.

But wait. Your PCB likely isn't running a gauge that heavy. So let's go to a more realistic size.

Small calculation first here = overclocked FX-9590 pulling 300w = about 25 amps.

Now I must rely on PCB copper inlay to handle this kind of 25a for example. we are down to say 25 gauge wire. Boiling point is reached.

So that above is why I see AMD throttle while on auto at only 65c. at 100c we boil water.

Question (not provided in your links the answer to....) = What is the boiling point of motherboard PCB?

Want thoughts for what high HT does? Well it takes advantage for a larger bandwidth to help produce better numbers in benchmarking and also aids in use of multiple graphics processing units.
I don't see it. Never did.....on any platform.
All I see is a greater chance of instability before you reach your actual OC goal.
What I see is once you get a couple hundred over stock, any benefit goes away.

I don't see it. Never did.....on any platform.
All I see is a greater chance of instability before you reach your actual OC goal.
What I see is once you get a couple hundred over stock, any benefit goes away.

Albeit may be true. But have you tried running quad fire or SLI and do all this testing? Me neither. Nor do I care so much to do so.

One thing is certain.... If I can safely overclock HT that high, why not?

Why OC NB to 3ghz?

Why OC CPU to 5ghz?

Really nobody needs to overclock at all. It's just what I do. Certainly on 990 chipsets, most the rest of you should be able to pull off 800mhz HT overclock with ease IMO.

5200mhz increases temps!.png

I thought most if not all tech geeks (and before you say anything its a compliment) had the itch to stretch their setup as high as possible for no other reason then to know if they can do it, after browsing a lot of this forum i have only come across a few that think like me. Kinda off-putting tbf :(

I thought most if not all tech geeks (and before you say anything its a compliment) had the itch to stretch their setup as high as possible for no other reason then to know if they can do it, after browsing a lot of this forum i have only come across a few that think like me. Kinda off-putting tbf frown.gif

Oh, I'm about as extreme as they come, but there's no point in pounding your equipment if there's no benefit.

And......it was kind of a backhanded compliment. You basically just called every overclocker here a pu55y. Except for Shrimp and a couple un-named others.

Last edited:
How did i ? i do things because i like it (benefit or no benefit) to see if i can, just like i said upstairs. It was a genuine compliment for all tech geeks but i have a warped view of the world apparently. Too bad you took it the wrong way :(

Back