• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

n00b needs some help overclocking!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hercules2905

Hello guys! This is my first post on Overclockers Forums and my first attempt at overclocking!

Need help overclocking my Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7200 running @ 2.53GHz.
The multiplier is at 9.5x and the Bus Speed is 266.64MHz.
I'm running on a Intel DG31PR Motherboard, quite an ancient one I suppose.
The BIOS is the latest one available for it from the Intel site.
I've tried to overclock this chip earlier but to no avail, the BIOS had all the overclocking settings grayed out.
Any help please?
Ask for anymore details in the comments below.
I'm a complete n00b at this stuff so I'm gonna need some groundwork to begin with.

Thanks a ton to anyone who comes through!

Your are out of luck overclocking through the bios on that board.

You can try a program called set fsb... but you won't get very far without the ability to add voltage and change memory multiplier. You will need to find your pll number to input in the program.

Get a new board or upgrade the system.

Upgrading the board is out of the question. I'm going to build a new rig in May 2016 so this one will have to go.
But in its last days I wanted to give this computer a shot at doing something good. I was planning to run BOINC on it till I replace it.
Hence the overclocking. I already am running BOINC on my Macbook Pro and Dell Inspiron 15 but wanted to add this one to the armada.
Any other way to optimize this PC to make the most out of BOINC?
Overclocking CPU, RAM, anything?
My GPU is already at its max!

Thanks for helping though, I'll try the SetFSB thing, any tips for that?

Already mentioned about overclocking.. go that route (set fsb) if you want to try. Since you can only adjust fsb and cant change anything else, you are overclocking everything.

Some BOINC is better than none. ;)

Back