• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard is half lit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Treylight

Last night after I turned on my PC after building it, the motherboards were lit perfectly fine. This morning I turned it on and it's now only half lit. What could have happened? Didn't touch any component since it worked last night. Is it possibly the power supply? And how will I know if a MoBo is short circuited? Would it be dead altogether or can it still be half lit after a little short circuit and running all the fans? Cause idk if thats a possible diagnosis for a half lit motherboard or not. Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Please post your build, along with ages and full model numbers.

What do you mean by.... "the motherboards were lit perfectly fine"?
The only lights on that motherboard that I'm aware of is a thin red line of red light around the audio area.

What do you mean by.... "the motherboards were lit perfectly fine"?
The only lights on that motherboard that I'm aware of is a thin red line of red light around the audio area.

Exactly what im talking about. That red line was full last night, now it's half lit. So im concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have another PSU to test with?
Can you try building just the essentials on top of the motherboard box?

I do not. I'm not sure if it's the power supply that may be defective or the motherboard damaged. What would cause the light to be only a little lit?

Well............it's brand new. If it's not perfect, return it.

This, again lol. You should have a 30-day return window to the place of purchase.
If, for some reason, you can't return it to the place of purchase then start an RMA with MSI.

Back