• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6700K - hwinfo64 flags when overclocking - "IA: Electrical Design Point/Other"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaans

Registered
6700K - hwinfo64 flags when overclocking - "IA: Electrical Design Point/Other"

Hi everyone,

I have 1-2 other related threads, but starting a new thread as this is not directly related

Motherboard/CPU: MSI Z170I / 6700K

I've been using 40x with 1.2V with EIST/Turbo disabled, it's stable, cool, low power and performs very well

I've decided to test 44x with ~1.25V, although it was similarly cool, low power and performed well, I received this hwinfo64 flag:
"IA: Electrical Design Point/Other (ICCmax,PL4,SVID,DDR RAPL)"

It only shows up under Prime95 load, motherboard also enabled and locked Turbo for 44x for some reason, also tried to increase the ring to 41x, but I reduced it to 40x, I don't know whether these are related

My question is, does anyone else receive CPU flags when overclocking?
(This specific flag is a bit vague, it might be a general OC indicator, indicating that the CPU is running outside it's spec, yet I'm not sure, so I'm looking for a confirmation from other 6700K users)

What version of prime95? Does it show up in aida 64 stress test?

I don't use that software, so no idea if I get those or not.. I dont bother as I do not have any throttling or other issues. I can verify though in a couple of days when I get back home.

And really, these are all related... I will likely merge the threads as these are all about the flags flipp8ng, albeit different ones, on the same pc.

Not same PC's by the way, different PC, one flag

If there is load, the flag shows up, yet the temps and wattage is pretty low

Cinebench: No flag (one run)
Prime95: Flag immediately shows up
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Benchmark: Flag shows up, multipliers are reduced, score is high tho

Another user of this specific motherboard pointed out that it's probably the 100A ICC limit that's triggering the issue

Don't have AIDA

It's probably ICCmax and an amperage limitation, as pointed out here: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=262693

I think it's a good one at that too, I don't want to exceed 100A, seems too much

42x worked well with 1.23V, so I'm currently sticking to that

Still wonder why no one else is getting these flags tho

Sooooo, download it. Lol, it's free. ;)

I would think you have an issue if it is tripping that early. Those voltages are WELL within tolerances. In fact it is some STOCK voltage.

I think the amperage might be that high, or it might be a mis-reading like you suspect since the voltage is low, 1.2V x 100A is roughly 120W - I observe 70-80W, but I don't know the detailed inner workings of the system, that 20-40W might be wasted somewhere else

(I downloaded AIDA but can't see any stress tests :-/ - All I see is benchmarks at the Extreme edition)

In a way, by keeping the voltage low, I might be forcing the amperage to increase to generate the same power, tho I briefly remember testing 1.3V and receiving the same result

Back