• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pwm control question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kooziguy

Hello,

I'm a little confused about PWM. I bought an EK pump/res with PWM control and several fans with PWM control. For a liquid cooling setup like this, what's the ideal way to control it? If you did a system splitter, wouldn't it be bad to have the pump on system control too? Should I just somehow keep the pump running at max all the time?

Thanks,
Kooz

Well many ways to do it. Most of us put the pump on the CPU header on the mobo and use software to adjust the speed depending on CPU temps. Fans can be set to whatever you want, you can buy all sorts of fancy stuff to control the fans. Best bet is a simple fan controller with PWM outputs, set the fans to a comfortable noise level and leave them there.

Or buy a PWM splitter and connect it to another mobo PWM output you can control by temp for your fans.

Either the BIOS or some have OS software that comes with the MB's manufacturer.

My current mobo, a Gigabyte Z77 has Easy Tune. Each mobo maker has their own software.

Here is a pic of my software. I dragged each point to what I liked as my pump/fan profile.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Software 08 - ET6 Fans.png

Back