• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wifi just decided NOT TODAY!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FreshDA9

Registered
Hey guys, im on my laptop was working just fine then all of a sudden the wifi isnt working. Luckily im using FoxFi right now to get you this data.

I have a Lenovo G505 that came with windows 8 and has been running on windows 10 the last 5 or 6 months with no problems. As well i upgraded the hard drive at the same time as the OS upgrade to a SSD still no issues. I have attached a text document from Speccy to this thread for anyone to scan and see if there are any irregularity.

Found my Lenovo serial number: CB27855719 and also the Bios Version is: 82CN24WW (V 2.04).

I also uploaded a jpg of my network, i run VMWare workstation and never noticed all the connections it shows also. no matter what i do i cant connect to my Wifi. All other devices and computers are fine, i have tried going into safe mode with networking and nothing. direct plug from router to laptop and internet worked fine.

I use this laptop for school and work, so this is my bread and butter. Please help guys!

Attachments

• WILSONTUNING.txt
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,718
  • network issues.jpg
    network issues.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 73
What does device manager say about the wireless device? Is it enabled? If so, try disable and reeanble? Did you try unintstalling an reinstalling it's drivers?

What does device manager say about the wireless device? Is it enabled? If so, try disable and reeanble? Did you try unintstalling an reinstalling it's drivers?

I just checked device manager (dont know why i didnt think of that), looks like there was an issue with my VMware driver. I delted the driver and internet connected no issues. I havent even opened my VMware in a week so i dont know why it decided to mess up yeatersday.

Thanks though

Back