• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for advice for multi display setup low to mid end

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunkyTOS

Hey OC'ers,

With black friday sales gone (and some still going) and cyber monday coming up, I am looking to replace my current monitor with something better. At the moment I require two monitors and down the road after the holiday season a third for gaming and multitasking. From what I can tell the things I require most are something in the 24" size or so, minimal bezel, sturdy stand (perhaps a decent monitor mounting bracket for down the line as well), hdmi input and preferably within the $100-$200 per monitor price range.

Side questions I have about monitors as I don't know all too much is how noticeable the difference between 60hz and 144hz are and 1-2ms versus 5-8ms response time are. Appreciate any help and happy shopping.

For that price range, if they're still on sale, the U2414H is amazing.

Those do look really nice and it seems like Dell has a pretty good rep for monitor quality. Out of curiosity what do the letters before and after mean? Also I noticed the S2415H, what kind of difference is there between LED and LED Backlit?

Dell makes the claim of #1 monitor for a reason, they're definitely the best in my eyes.

The U and S are the series.
U is best, it is the Ultrasharp lineup.
The H means it is 16:9 instead of 16:10.

12347607_10153785189083841_2410883151589396067_n.jpg

Still need to unbox and set up the other monitor, then figure out ideal set up but loving this monitor so far ATM. Also showing off an angle of my new desk I picked up from Amazon for ~$80 with surprisingly nice build quality and features.

Glad you're enjoying the monitor!

If you want it to look even better, run it at 61Hz :)

12313905_10153787504793841_8407380859307571087_n.jpg

Still tweaking the height/pivot as there is a slight mismatch and OCD is going crazy but found a wallpaper I really like.

That background is awesome!

Looks kinda like my setup... U2414H's, G710...

Curious and lazy... I also apologize for the slight thread jack in advance...

How does changing the refresh rate 1Hz effect image quality?

Curious and lazy... I also apologize for the slight thread jack in advance...

How does changing the refresh rate 1Hz effect image quality?

Takes it off the same freq as power, makes the blacks darker.
If you can stick two calibrated monitors side by side it's actually pretty noticeable.

Back