• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quadro 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slim Nelson

Registered
Hey guys, what is the best modern games I can play on a Quadro 2000?

I don't mean bulky computer games like gta5, fallout, assassins creed, nothing like that , I couldn't play them even if I wanted to. Better yet, more like arcade games. Like Mortal Kombat X, unfortunately the Quadro don't support that, but games close to that with modern graphics. Maybe Need for Speed Rivals, would the Quadro play that?

Last edited:
Interesting, I have several elitebook/mobile workstations with Quadro graphics and haven't run into a game I couldn't play. Given sometimes the settings had to be set way low but they always played just fine.

Interesting, I have several elitebook/mobile workstations with Quadro graphics and haven't run into a game I couldn't play. Given sometimes the settings had to be set way low but they always played just fine.

I'm assuming those also had an iGPU?

Nope all pre iGPU generation. My most up to date Elitebook is an 8730W with a C2D mobile and Quadro 3200fx(I trhink), I also have an 8710W with a C2D and Quadro 1600FX both play indie and big title games fine.

Back in those days it might not have been as much of an issue. FX Quadro is a far cry from Fermi.

Suppose thats true. Its disheartening to hear that if I were to get a new system I wouldnt be able to use it both for production and gaming.

Suppose thats true. Its disheartening to hear that if I were to get a new system I wouldnt be able to use it both for production and gaming.

Where the issue lies, IIRC was the change to DX11. A lot of the Quadro cards that were just coming out around that time didn't support it.

That said, the new Quadro equipment such as Kepler and Maxwell have better compatibility in all but DX12 since the other technology has been out a while.

It'll perform roughly like an R7 250.
http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1124

Most games won't run on a Quadro for one of two reasons:
- The game looks for Geforce, not Quadro.
- The driver doesn't support the game.

Right on. So whatever the minimum gpu requirement is for a game, just compare it to the r7 250? Otherwise, you're saying that there's ways around it sometimes. And the only way to know is to try the game if it seems borderline possible?

Right, minimums will relate to the R7 250. You can get a decent idea of an FPS to expect by using benchmarks for that card also.
Basically, you won't know if a game works until you try it. Chances are that most older games will work, while it'll be a crapshoot for newer titles.

Right on. I appreciate it. Would you recommend any games like mortal kombat x or nfs rivals that might possibly work? Any non-bulky ones but good graphics?

Sorry, I haven't used a Quadro since I was in school a few years ago to know exactly which will/won't work.

Yeah, of course. I wouldn't expect you to know exactly. I just don't know many games, all I find online are big requirement ones. I'm asking if you would recommend any non-bulky ones that are good that you've played or know of, I will check them out.

I had fun with BattleBlock Theater. Maybe Worms Reloaded too? A few of the Trials games aren't heavy either (the newest is though).
Most of the games I can think of right now though are pretty system-intensive though.

Perfect. I remember playing trials and worms on xbox, those will do. I'll check them and the other one out for pc. Thanks.

Hey Atminside. I tried installing Mortal Kombat X again and I got it to work this time around. Runs pretty damn good too!

I have all settings on low of course but can hardly tell, the graphics look good and performs well.

Only issues I get are if I play for an hour or so, it starts to go down hill. My Quadro heats up to about 70c and the game gets glitchy. Cpu sits real good though with my waterloop on it.

I'm also able to run Need for Speed Rivals good too, it actually runs great. No issues at all.

This I am glad to hear.

If you need GPU less intense titles to play check out many of the indie developed games on steam and desura.

Better case airflow should help with the long gaming session issues

Back