• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build- No POST no Display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Treylight

So I just recently built a new pc with brand new parts. When I turn it on, all the fans and LED lights work. The issues are

-No video display
-No POST
-No beeps
- When took out RAM, no error beeps

Now I'm almost sure that I installed everything correctly. I double checked my work and everything. I made sure everything was tightly plugged in and everything is where it needs to be connected.

The possibilites are:
-Defective/Broken/Fried motherboard

-Defective PSU

-Defective CPU

-Or I messed up somewhere in installing all the parts

What should I do? How can I diagnose the problem and find which one is causing the issue? Hardware problems can be tricky because different problems share many similar symptoms, so it's difficult to figure out which one isn't working :/

Was thinking of taking it to a computer repair shop so they can diagnose the problem but their prices are expensive.

Build : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Treylight/saved/Nj8gXL

Is everything in a case? If so, take out the motherboard and look for extra stand-offs that may be grounding the motherboard. See if you can start the system out of the case with the motherboard sitting on a non-conductive desktop - not on an anti-static bag.

What I see right off the bat is you might need to update the Bios on the motherboard with an older cpu first.

Last edited:
Is this the same board that you had the lighting problem on the other day?
If it is, you were already told to RMA that board.
I saw this coming.

The compability notes describes your problem... AMD FX is a Vishera CPU and it says that these MB has to have its bios updated to support the CPU. How you do that I am not sure.

Back