• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMi in-line capacitors and 18+10connector question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skwrl

I bought a RM850i PSU on a slight sale hoping to do a custom sleeve job for it, but I just found out it uses a type 4 / 10+18 pin connector (where cable meets PSU) and has in-line capacitors. I'm not giving up on the sleeve job though.

Does anyone know what kind of solid capacitor I need, and where to connect it? (I'm not sure about dissecting the original cables just yet).

I know cablemod sells a sleeved set, with the in-line caps moved further down the line to sit behind the mobo in the case, but there are no specs and they dont sell the caps or connectors individually. I also want to sleeve, recable, repin, etc completely.

I just spent the entire afternoon making an order of sleeving and wiring and trying to find a solution to this. I'm pretty new to modding though, so maybe I'm just not finding the source.
Any help much appreciated, especially about the capacitors.

Thanks!

This is what I'm talking about, btw.
http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/blog/2015/july/explanation-of-rmi-new-type-4-cables

If anyone can tell me what I need to duplicate that... <3

Last edited:
Back