• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best heatsink, not even thinking about fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stisaac

What cpu heatsink performs the best overall, not concerning fans, so if I were to put the same fan on all cpu coolers, which would perform best. Then if you have any suggestions for fans, let me know. I'm probably willing to spend 30 dollars on a heatsink, but I would love to hear what the best is ignoring price. Thank you!

That's a tough question to answer because not many people tested different heatsinks with the same fan. That also isn't fair for some heatsinks as they perform different with different fans.

Are you benchmarking or something? Any reason you are chasing every degree C?

If your budget is $30 or less I'd watch the used market for a Prolimatech Megahalems or a Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme. You can usually find them on ebay for less then 25 shipped.

Whoa.. missed his point. :chair:

I'd look used if you are looking for a high performance cooler. Otherwise, new for that budget, a hyper 212 evo.

That's a tough question to answer because not many people tested different heatsinks with the same fan. That also isn't fair for some heatsinks as they perform different with different fans.

Are you benchmarking or something? Any reason you are chasing every degree C?
I'm just wanting to do some overclocking, and was just curious. =)

- - - Updated - - -

If your budget is $30 or less I'd watch the used market for a Prolimatech Megahalems or a Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme. You can usually find them on ebay for less then 25 shipped.

Thanks! I'll look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Real question is what are you looking to cool?

AMD A10-7850k APU
I know this isn't the hottest chip, but I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck.

I actually built an A10-7850k/Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 setup for my dad about a year and a half ago. I was able to get it 2 hours prime blend stable at 4.2 ghz @ 1.35V with my Prolimatech Megahalems on it. I'm sure I could have pushed it further for a higher stable Oc but didn't have the time. I believe 4.7 Ghz was the top for it non stable, but I also wasn't looking to push it too hard being a build for my father. Here is the post I put up on it, if you want to read.

Back