• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COOLER MASTER "Wave Master" Mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anon Zero

Registered
So, I found this excellent case on CL for $60 and was quite intrigued. I've been doing IT work and putting together systems for 20 years and I've never seen this chassis before, it's the COOLER MASTER Wave Master TAC-T01-E1C.
This particular unit had been used by Nvidia at COMDEX and has a custom window with the Nvidia logo and "The way it's meant to be played" engraved onto it. So yeah, I was immediately drawn to it as I found it not only old-school in a way buy unique.

Has anyone owned/modded one of these? I want to put a water loop inside to cool 2x 980ti cards and a OC'd 5960X, and the case comes stock with 2x 80mm fans in the front and a 80mm rear exhaust. I've seen the 80mm and 160mm rads but don't think those will cut it for my hardware, unless I put only the CPU under and let the GPUs remain air cooled (They're reference design so they aren't really shooting too much hot air into the case as it's mostly exiting out the rear).

I'm pretty stoked for this project, I just wanted to see if anyone has exp with this chassis before I pull out the Dremel and get all kooky with it. There are a few examples of a liquid cooled build in this case online but the pics led me to a post from 2006 where the OP had just pulled those pics form elsewhere. If I can't get any feedback on this I'm going to proceed anyway and I'll make sure to do a build log and share the results with the community, as this is my first case-modding venture and if it pans out the way I want it to hopefully it'll help someone else in the future that wants to build in this case.

Any input is appreciated, here are some pics of the case and thanks in advance.

00u0u_1AV5OCSC6Tr_600x450.jpg 00P0P_cG4OmV5dRhA_600x450.jpg 00202_jzFNqQMfFpX_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty sick looking! Can't wait to see what you do to it.

I had 2 of those. Nice thick aluminum, but quite heavy for aluminum. I modded the hell out of mine, and after several upgrades they out lived their purpose. They're both resting in the after life :rofl:

Good luck with your new build!

Back