• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun with Gigabyte z170x-Gaming7 w/code 55 error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elkwood

Registered
I decided to do a new build. All new parts. wc system leak test/burp . I plugged in the power supple and turn on
my new baby. I get to 55 on the debug and it would re boot. After looking up the code. It was for Memory initialization error

So i re seat the memory no change. Tired both sticks in all the different configuration i could think on. 1 stick
both sticks made no differences.Also tried clearing the cmos a few times. Nothing seemed to help. So i decided to get old school, stick a speaker on it so i could hear the beeps.

Was giving me 5 beeps. Which after a wee bit of research i concluded was code for bad processor.

At that point it was late in the day and i threw in the towel. Next morning i pull the cpu and run over to the
shop where i brought processor and they kindly test it. It worked... grr.. so i brought 2 new sticks of memory.

Came home stuck in the processor and new memory. I also flipped the switch on the MB enabling the duel bios (i had forget it had this feature :( ). It worked .:clap:
I stuck in my old memory with new and it also worked. Bah i wanted 32gigs anyway..

So on reflection i believe the MB was in single bios mode and it had a fault in the bios. It was hitting that error and rebooting its self
continuously. When i flipped the switch enabling duel bios mode it rebooted and went with the back up bios working correctly.

I figured i post this up so u all can point and have a good laugh :) Also for anyway else that runs into this issue.

Now i just have to fix my sound issue !! Only giving me sound on one channel !!

Yep, definitely flash the first BIOS. The second is meant to be a backup, just for this reason.
There should be an option in the BIOS somewhere to flash B->A.

Back